07-21-2020, 08:44 PM   #181
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Ford is going to make a MINT on these things.

It's sort of weird-- the car isn't released yet, not much more than teasers and computer generated photo's have been seen by the public, and everyone's going nutty over it.

I've had several friends and neighbors already put down their $100 deposit on it-- and a few of them aren't even SUV people and at least a couple are the "vehicles are transportation, not a love affair" types.

Huh.
it's true and interesting observation
we live in a very interesting world, where ppl die for a very sticky Cup 2 tires when they drive their "sports" sedan/cars once or twice on a track per yr and 99% on daily commute or washing/detailing in their garage, ppl opt for a roll caged sports car when it's really used on a weekend supermarket run, others attracted to "save $$, be cool" Tesla movement when they are overpaying for a car to begin with that actually requires $16~20 dollars to supercharge in a city like NYC (I mean, what's the point???)

Speaking of Bronco, I personally was waiting for an SUV like this for yrs, because for me, I HATE SUVs that has no capability as an SUV. Otherwise, just get a sedan as it serves the exact same purpose, right?
-those X4/X6 that has 0 cargo space
-Macan that has 0 backseat, you legit get headache sitting in that back seat
-As much as I am an M fan/owner, I HATE "sports SUVs", take X5M for an example. ride height is just above that of a sedan...I mean...why drive an SUV?

The new Bronco seems to suit so many ppl so well. Hence, what a hit!

Been in the affordable (CRV, Lexus NX300) to high end (ML, Range Rover Sport) SUV game as my "daily driver", realized I wanted something more fun or more capable SUV after taking some of my cars on a mild off-roading or camp sites.
Highly considered wrangler, but man it's way too loud and way too little space (believe it or not, it's very compact inside). I'm sure it's a great off-roader.
Highly considered 4Runner, test drove 2019 4runner...and it reminded me of my first car, 1999 Nissan Pathfinder (plus a navi screen + 1 more speed on transmission, 5 speed compared to my 4 speed on a 99 pathfinder)
Later considered Raptor, but living in an urban/city area, realized a truck is too big and I never use the truck bed..but man their interior is HUGE and so usable, first time I actually considered a truck

The reason why I share all these is because whoever led the Bronco project, it really jus fits a lot of ppl, and perhaps fulfills what a lot of ppl look for.
- 6 trims that suits all ppl, from those who want a simple base offroader under 30K, to those who want the "unique" limited edition to those real hardcore offroaders.
- Those actual overlanders/offroaders are IN LOVE with this car because it's got all the offroad capability yet got all the latest techs and creature comforts. you can get simple basic 4x4 to a serious offroader with beadlock wheels, mud terrains, steel front and rear bumper as FACTORY.
- Timeless classic design (why we love Fiat 500, Mini cooper, Porsche 911, Wrangler designs)
- Civilized. It has all the latest ford stuff. No it's not unique, but it does get the popular 2.3 or 2.7 ecoboost with 10 speed auto that they use in other cars. Hence, affordable, parts won't be expensive. most importantly, it's got the "latest" powerband (compared to other body on frame suv 4 runner or wrangler has) with an expected respectable mpg
- Right in-between wrangler or 4runner. It's got the space, utility, offroad capability with body on frame design

Lastly, you're right. We have to see it out in front of our eyes and testdrive it.
And you are right that people (including me ) are over-reacting with thie "pre-order" BS, it's just securing a reservation for an order that will happen first week of December.
But at least, dealers are taking it serious and contacting each customer with creating a registry for their own order sheet, at least setting up actual allocations for each owner, and Ford is in fact ONLY building "ORDERED BRONCOS" in the beginning. Also, with this reservation + ordering process in December, we won't see much of added dealer markups, in fact majority of dealers have confirmed they will go with ford's sticker/msrp price once option prices are out. Lastly, it's being seen more and more now, Ford in Michigan jus introduced a 2Dr and 4Dr to public, it seems pretty promising as they advertised in the launching video

Last edited by jaehshim; 07-21-2020 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 1