08-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #36
Glassy
E36, E46, E90, E92, F32
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabzpv View Post
It was such a drawn out nightmare, I haven’t found the inclination to relive it just yet. Essentially, I couldn’t make calls while the car was moving due to disturbance on the Bluetooth mics—it sounded like there was air hitting the mic so everyone would ask me to put my windows up even though they already were.

The car was in service for 45 days over the course of the first 55 days of me owning it, and BMWUSA’s own area engineer couldn’t find a fix. They replaced the mics first, but that did nothing; and then they replaced the audio module but then could no longer calibrate the mics. BMW finally agreed to do a VIN swap, and since they couldn’t find another M340i at my MSRP, they wrote me a check for the difference.

I’m still peeved since I made two payments on the first car, but was driving very poorly equipped loaners, and I spent $600 getting the first car tinted for no reason. BMW has declined any compensation aside from the difference in the MSRP.

Wow, sorry to hear about the issues you had...

I know a handful of people in here (including myself) have had incidents relating to speakers and/or mics., https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1615200

I'd definitely fight for compensation on those tinted windows. That's not right.

Thanks for sharing the story.