08-03-2019, 03:43 PM   #39
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassy View Post
Hey everyone,

I just had window tint installed all-around and I immediately noticed that it's triggering some sort of auto-dim feature for both my screens. So in the day time, the vehicle thinks it's night time, and it's dimming my displays to where I can barely see either of them. I tried increasing the brightness with the little dial next to the head light switch and that did nothing. I also tried increasing the brightness through the display settings and that also did nothing. Also couldn't find any auto-dim feature in the settings that I could disable.

Per the enclosed image, I think the auto-dim sensor is in this black portion next to the speedometer because when I put my hand over it, it dims everything and when I take my hand off, everything brightens up again.

Do you know if there's any way to turn off this auto-dim feature for the displays whether it be through a setting or coding? I imagine other owners who are tinting their windows are having the same issue?

Thanks in advance, guys!
Doubt it's from the tints I have been noticing mines been doing it on daytime and I haven't gotten mine tints done yet