View Single Post
      01-23-2020, 09:07 AM   #391
DriftymcDriftFace
Rep
Drives: 330e, e36 compact drifter

No problem Wassup. 51mpg works out at 11p a mile and we are getting 14p so with my trip of 768 (0.03x764) thats 22.92 in my pocket. Id like to enjoy the car a bit so as long as im hitting 46 47 i think ill be happy.

Also, i dont know what BMW are like for you guys but for me their problem solving has been crap. I had a 320d f30 and the screen kept going off. They had it in 5 times and told me it was my phone but then i changed phone and it still happened. In the end i traded in before they could fix the issue. I think they stalled and their tech know how seems very lacking.

Case in point now as they just called me to try to cancel tomorrows booking saying that 20miles on a fuel charge is about right and they will look on the net later today for answers. Surely someone should know. Im a little confused as to the WLTP figures as they are supposed to represent real world driving and on BMW site is says 34-37 which would be fine. Its costs me 1.86 to charge the car at home so thats 9.3p per mile whereas 35mile range would be 5.3p per mile. Considering the fuel cost per mile for this trip driving like miss daisy is 11p per mile (5.62/gallon/51), its hardly worth the bother charging is it!

Still a nice car to drive though.
Appreciate 0