View Single Post
      02-27-2019, 04:57 PM   #60
MT4life
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i: Last MT 3er in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BYU View Post
Correct on all accounts. Objectively speaking, this is a terrible ad. Terrible because it either (a) didn't accomplish what it set out to do or (b) set out to do something stupid and succeeded. And I'm thinking about their target audience here - not the ///M crowd and not enthusiasts.

I still find it amazing that ad agency teams + brand marketing teams can see something like this and all nod their heads and go, "Yep! That's the one." Yet, it happens all the time. Ultimately, the brand marketing execs are accountable for green-lighting this and for not giving the agency better direction or for not telling the agency to try again if this isn't what they were supposed to do. I suspect the brand marketing team got exactly what they wanted, however, which makes me believe they have no clue what they're doing.

I'd like to have been in the room from start to finish on this project just to feel what it's like to watch a disaster unfolding in real time.

How does this happen when talented, passionate people all over the world would love to work at BMW? So much of what's happening at BMW feels like a case study of what happens when top leadership at a company is inept...
This ad could almost work for x1 and x2 - the most useless cars in BMW lineup... Never mind not even for them.
Appreciate 1
///BYU268.50