View Single Post
      09-22-2020, 03:04 PM   #2
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX 50

If it were me, I'd just do a DIY ceramic coating myself, most likely after a DIY paint correction. Or, if that's too 'advanced' for you to DIY, use a sealant like Powerlock. Keeping in mind none of these will give you the protection that PPF will.

Ceramic will only give a 'wet' look if the car is washed and clean. Honestly, the best wet looks oftentimes from a carnauba wax, which has the least amount of durability.

Ceramics are being marketed as this one solution to everything. Yes, it's more durable than a sealant. But your paint will still scratch with a ceramic coating. And, while water will bead, it won't keep the car clean by itself. You will still need to do maintenance washes and top/maintain the ceramic coating. Hence my suggestion for a much simpler, and cheaper, DIY sealant, too.

If you want protection from physical damage to the paint, ie scratches, you need a film. But that's going to cost you more.

There is a lot here to unpack, as the sealant, ceramic, PPF discussion can get pretty esoteric, but this is my quick response. If you have anymore specific questions, let me know.
Appreciate 2