View Single Post
      10-26-2020, 02:45 PM   #45
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

To frame things. I'm in the high risk group with multiple co-morbidities. I am cautious but I'm not locking myself up in a cave either. I've done some social things here and there and follow the local rules. I recently went to an outdoor Latin dancing event. I was astonished with the brazen don't give an F' about the rules attitude of many people that attended. The DJ made an announcement to tell everyone to mask up as there was already a complaint filed by someone concerning mask wearing with the previous event at the same location. The DJ was polite and explained that the organizers can be fined along with any future events being shut down permanently. The idiots that were not masked up ignored him. The DJ had to make a second more terse announcement a bit later to get the offenders to mask up. When these people arrived, I can tell they had no intentions of following the rules.

The thing that makes me just shake my head is that the dance community is large but small at the same time. Many people at least know others in passing at a minimum. The blatant cavalier attitude of these individuals show that they didn't care if the organizers would get fined. Organizers that they know personally.

A few days ago, news of outbreaks of people testing positive started to circulate that attended specific events. This triggered a mass reaction of various event organizers that had events already planned to shut down. One of the outbreaks might have been caused by some idiots sharing a hookah and the establishment providing this in an indoor enclosed space. I've seen a video of one of the venue's regular club night over this past weekend where people were packed in there, a large number of people unmasked, and said hookah being used. All in an enclosed indoor facility.

It just amazes me how stupid people can be. It's not that hard to follow the current rules as things have been relaxed. Yet these fools just want to push things and ruin it for everyone else.
Appreciate 0