03-23-2024, 06:03 PM   #30
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
A leaf blower alone won't dry the car folks, even if it's ceramic coated. You still need a towel. Also, once you move the car (from the driveway back into garage) more water magically appears. You have to dry that as well...with a cloth. The exception is if you wash the car with filtered water. These forum myths are wild!
Clark_Kent is correct. In addition, the blower may blow dirt/debri out of cracks and onto your newly washed vehicle which could lead to your imparting scratches, if you touch up with a towel afterward. Rinsing with distilled or de-ionized water would be considered the best overall method. Otherwise, I personally consider drying with two towels and a drying aid to be extremely safe and my favorite method, as a former professional Detailer and enthusiast.

The lead towel will always be wet/damp, as it's used to get up the majority of the water. You'll immediately follow up with a dry towel in getting up any remaining water. Dry the vehicle in sections.

Using a damp towel as the lead towel and a drying aid, makes towel drying an extremely safe method. You're much more likely to impart scratches into your paint during the washing process or by following up with towels after having used a blower.

Good luck,
Ralph
Appreciate 1
BuckysBMW171.50