Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The Cockpit Live doesn't look that bad, it being digital now means the design possibilities are endless.

Like you said, just wait until M division gives it the Midas touch

#CantWait
What the hell is that digital dash above? Is that the display in the new G series cars?

I actually think it's terrible, and why is the damn rev counter going in reverse?

Another issue is, and this applies to all new cars with this tech, what's it gonna look like in 10 years time? Outdated and stupid. Nothing moves faster than tech, just look at a nav screen from an e46 for example.
It's a 2019 330i with iDrive 7.. The features are pretty cool and the digital dash is kind of a throwback to my old S2000 cluster, even though BMW decoded the digital speedometer display on US-spec vehicles (distractions).

There are limitless customization options within the menu. And yes, the tach is counterclockwise but it's not as jarring as it might appear, you get over it in a couple of blocks.

I'm a tech-head, so naturally I was blown away by the stock remote start, adaptive cruise and BMW Digital Key. I look forward to the next generation M car, as BMW tries to keep up with the competition.

The cluster will probably be obsolete when OLED or MicroLEDs screens becomes complacent but at the moment, I kind of like what I see but I understand those that prefer the orange, retro BMW look and are resistant to change.
Appreciate 0