View Single Post
      06-05-2020, 02:43 PM   #460
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
Agree. If these are not more functional elements than someone show me a wind tunnel data sheet showing no difference to previous designs.
Let's be reasonable and keep sight of the facts here. In an earlier post you asserted with positivity that the design *must* be the result of providing ample cooling for the engine. You did this with no wind tunnel data sheet - you just stated it outright. Remember?

The confidence with which you made that claim strongly suggests you either did not realize or forgot that there is a horizontal crossmember right across the center of the grill. I say this because it is difficult to imagine someone being so absolutely sure about such a claim if they had considered that point. Once you are aware of that, you can see easily that this bumper design is by all appearances functionally very similar to other modern BMW designs.

I'm going to suggest we simply move on from what would inevitably be an a fact-free debate masquerading as a fluid dynamics seminar and stick to the subjective stuff. Can we do that?
Appreciate 3
Dimitri314.50
Jockey3451.00
paliknight2191.50