01-19-2020, 10:04 AM   #93
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Not sure if it works but you can mix a little bit of the e85 in your tank to raise the octane. i usually put 3-4 gallons of e85 and average out to 95 octane. I can feel a difference when I get it up on the freeway but don't really do it anymore since my work hours changed and I'm always stuck in rush hour.

granted, i'm in the f33 with the b46 engine so it's not exactly the same to what you guys are running. i did go with bootmod3 stage 1 93 octane when they had their black friday special. i sold the jb+. for my next car (G20) I'm going straight to bm3, warranty be damned.
I got the BM3 tune too. But my car wouldn’t get flashed with it and I couldn’t even start it for three days before PTF remote logged in and helped me get it back on the road. But no flash. Just the stock tune since car kept temporarily bricking itself whenever I tried flashing it (I followed their instructions to a T). They were supposed to remote log in and help me flash my car (because the first time they remote logged in, I had a firewall on and Halim couldn’t flash it because we couldn’t disable it for some reason). But yea. They didn’t show up, they stopped responding to my mails and I thought enough was enough and returned it. Got a JB+ to satisfy the itch for now (no JB4 because of the complicated install). I’d prefer going to a brick and mortar store or have one of them come to my house to flash my car rather than try doing it myself because of the exact reason I mentioned (my previous VWs (which I still own in India) are remapped but they came to my house and did it for me - I’ve always had the fear of bricking my car and it happened with my G20).
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0