04-12-2021, 09:18 AM   #2
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
Getting upset with this thing, 19 miles is the max I see (with granny charger while I wait for high speed charger) after a charge.... half the expected...

I guess it tracks your usage/behaviour like the fuel range does

Had the car a month now and charge every second day
I've learned to completely ignore the range indicator on the dash. It's rubbish. Maybe there's some logic there, but it beats me.
May as well just be a random number generator.

In its defence, I often get slightly more than advertisted, but certainly not impressive, and certainly nowhere near what BMW "suggested" I would get. Temperature alledgedly plays a part, but in my experience, regardless of weather, its poor.

Used to bug me too, however now just accept that however many miles I get it's still cheaper than fuel. And since switching to Octopus Go, it's massively cheaper (%wise). Gone from about £1.80 a charge, down to approx £1.20. If I do 20-25 miles on that, its potentially 5p a mile (compared to >10p a mile on fuel).

If you can, it's seriously worth a switch to Octopus Go. 4 hours of electricity at 5p/kWh through the night. And if you are getting a home charger, so should be able to charge most (if not all) in that window.

ps. if you look to switch, the link below means we both get £50 free credit! (a months free electric motoring)

((...although, just recalled, you recently took on a decent EDF contract?))

Last edited by willougs; 04-12-2021 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0