dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Amazon Drive

As part of my Amazon PRIME subscription, I'm allowed to upload unlimited images, so long as they're not for commercial use. File formats include jpeg, Raw, tiff, etc., with no size limitations. In contrast, Google limits you to a relatively small jpeg size in their "Unlimited" scheme.

I have visions about uploading my entire archive, except for those that I've listed with Getty for sale, so as not to violate the Terms of Use. I've successfully uploaded around 130GB as of this writing.

The only negative that I'm see is very slow upload. On a connection with 11.9m upload speed, 1.5GB took an hour. Amazon must choke it way down at their end.

I'm undecided if I want to do a few folders per day until I get it all done. I'd prefer to do it over a weekend, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I've got a 2 external hard drives, one at home and one at work that are in sync. Maybe I'll just put 2016, plus everything new on Amazon and keep the complete physical backup at home.

Anyone else using PRIME for imaging backup?

Hmm, I'm wondering if I access my 8k files with my 4k TV? That could be more convenient than transferring them to a thumb-drive.

Dave