Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueF87M2 View Post
You are telling this now , wait to see the full electric or hybrid M cars !!
Well, yeah....compared to electric or hybrid M-cars in the future, I'd have to say that today's M2/M3/M4 are pretty analog. But if you think about that, as each generation passes, things tend to get less and less analog. Today, any car offered with a manual transmission will be more analog than a car that doesn't offer manual transmission. As far as transmissions go, nothing even comes close to manuals as far as being analog is concerned.

Consider a Tesla Model 3 Performance. That's pretty much the polar opposite of an analog driving experience. It's an electric car that's definitely quick, but it can basically drive itself and it doesn't make any good noises and it doesn't even have a transmission, manual or automatic. That's what I think we'll see eventually for ALL future performance cars. A truly digital driving experience. So hold on to your analog ICE cars as long as you can, even if they aren't considered truly analog by even today's standards because they'll definitely be more analog than these future cars that we're already starting to see today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTR View Post
Quote:
....Thats why the OG M2 is one of the last analoque and raw cars . M2C and CS etc of course is better but not that simple and raw . And not that analoque , i prefer for example the suspension not to be like the M2C or M3/4 . More raw , simple , as it used to be .
For me, the last truly analog and raw M-cars were the E9X cars. Naturally aspirated, no fake sounds inside, hydraulic power steering, etc...plus they sound better than any M-car in history. That's the one to hold on to if you're lucky enough to have one. Besides those cars, I'd have to say the E46 M3 is probably a close second place in terms of a raw, analog driving experience.

1M, M2, and the newer M3/4 are not cars that I would consider analog really in any sense other than the fact that you can still get them with manual transmissions.
[QUOTE=RocketTR;25033151]
Quote:
You are telling this now , wait to see the full electric or hybrid M cars !!
Well, yeah....compared to electric or hybrid M-cars in the future, I'd have to say that today's M2/M3/M4 are pretty analog. But if you think about that, as each generation passes, things tend to get less and less analog. Today, any car offered with a manual transmission will be more analog than a car that doesn't offer manual transmission. As far as transmissions go, nothing even comes close to manuals as far as being analog is concerned.

Yeah but again , this is progression ... the e30 m3 was even more raw since no traction or any other electric system . Thats why i believe that M cars will be separeted in 3 categories . Petrol / Hybrid(after next 5 yrs before full electric) / Full electric (2030) ..