SabineBimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i LBlue Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
According to Dukec...

"The Hoffmeister [the forward swoop or 'kink' at the base of the window on the rearmost pillar of BMWs], for example — until the G20 every 3 Series had almost the same window graphic. That meant that when you saw prototypes — when you saw a new BMW, it could be the previous model if you just looked at the top of the car. This was something I never understood.

In all these discussions about our icons, people say, 'But you can't change the Hoffmeister, you can't change the kidneys.' But who says so? Mr. Hoffmeister just made one window graphic."

So his reasoning is because it makes you think its an old BMW, so instead for the new 4er, Dukec would like you to think its an old Audi A5 or Chevy Camaro from the window graphic
Exactly.

Dukec is not what BMW needs right now, if ever. I've been part of these forums for a number of years and I always review the posts about quarterly sales and if I'm not mistaken, I believe that BMW steadily had increased growth and profit margins during Biermann's reign. It is a damn shame that they lost him. Whatsoever thou soweth.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00