08-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #2425
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
That's a bit unfair, multiple models got off-LCI engine updates, like the F48 and the F34, plus they updated all Diesels to SCR/Euro-6d-temp in 2018.
No, the point isn't that they don't make updates its good that they do, the point is they do a poor job of coordinating them and communicating them.
Some examples:
You have an x3m running a fully different operating system than the lesser models
It's unknown which engine the x3 m40i is shipping with and different answers from different markets (maybe they are different but that goes to the communication item)
Several models that have the components but not being updated to driver assist pro, staying on plus despite pro proliferation throughout the model line

Look if you feel bmw is doing a good job of communicating with you as a consumer then that is your opinion, I feel it is not very good. I will use ford as a good example in this regard every year they tweak the mustang lineup (new model variants/ option changes) a bit and all the changes are usually pretty clear on page one of the order guide and in press releases. Not saying they are perfect but overall that's a better standard to set.
Appreciate 2
mkoesel7508.50