08-30-2019, 09:26 PM   #24
nola2atx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evermire View Post
Finished mine a couple weekends ago. Used an M-style pair off Amazon and was not happy with the quality. Actually saw some CF splitting on some of the edges. Swapped out for a pair from ebay which was much better build quality. Substantial use of CF and clear coat. I also liked the subtle difference of the M-style wing extension.

Random byproduct though, my passenger side mirror no longer tilts down when put in Reverse, it tilts inward and does not return. Not sure what could have caused this, the mirror controls work perfectly fine.

I'll report back if I fix it in case others encounter it.

Also, one piece of missing info from the original writeup (which was suuper helpful) was the removal of the center tilt control module. The silver screw in the center needs to be removed and then you can pull the unit straight out with a little wiggling and force. It pushes right back in. Be careful when reinserting the silver screw, as it threads into soft plastic and is easy to strip. If you take your time, everything comes apart easy and goes back together nicely.

{Photo upload not working}
can you share the link to the Ebay listing?

My Exes:
E36, E46, F30
Appreciate 0