View Single Post
      10-28-2019, 07:17 AM   #154
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
+1 - off topic, and I have almost no hard core track experience (certainly not yours), but I do have a ton of road course experience, almost weekly for 12 years in whichever new gen BMW M 3/4. In that time I've ran with a LOT of cars, almost everything, and I've seen the exact same thing you have.

Tons of paper racers want to believe X car is OMGWAY faster than your pos M3. When you get real people behind the wheel (Not Tiff or Chris or whatever) and you run ... things look a LOT different. Like an M5 vs an M3 for example.
For sure some people, usually the ones who don't go to the track at all, are pretty obsessed with Excel charts while comparing cars.

They also suffer what I call MyDaddy-itis. You know like when kids are 10 and during recess they speak about all the great feats their daddies can do. "My Daddy can lift a 50lb rock!!". 'My Daddy is 6ft 3!!" and whatever.

People who still show this behavior as adults switch the 'Daddy' for the pro driver of choice and make equally asinine statements, like "A pro drive is X seconds faster in YY car than ZZ car around the ring, so Joe Six Pack should also be faster in car YY than ZZ"

They seem to forget that no one on this board is a pro driver. The question is not whether a pro driver is faster in one car or another, but how fast a regular human can be. M cars are communicative and very well balanced, so they end up being really fast whereas some sPecial dedicated sport cars are impossible to be driven by a regular person...

... but then I guess that's why they are paper racers... no clue about what actually goes down in track days all across the world every weekend... too busy staring at power to weight graphs in good old Excel and reminiscing about what professional drivers are capable of doing!
Appreciate 0