11-09-2019, 04:32 AM   #25
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
My new thing this morning was not being able to open my boot. After a very wet day yesterday it went below freezing overnight. When I tried to open the boot this morning it opened slightly (very slightly) then stopped. Had to use some force to then open it. It appears that the boot lip at the rear had frozen to the seal at the bottom of the glass. I’ll need to put some water repellent there to stop this happening again

See photo.

Attachment 2175284

Also.. Auto wipers... in my F10 I had to press a button on the stalk to engage auto wipers. This then reset to off next time you started the car. With the G20 I’m concerned that if you leave the stalk in auto position then there is the chance on a frosty morning it will engage the wiper over the iced window when you start the car. Thus damaging the wiper blades.
May have to change my winter routine to ensuring the front window is clear before starting the car to defrost the rest/heat the car. Or somehow try to remember to take the wiper stalk out of auto before leaving the car....
WD 40 sprayed on to a cloth and then wiped over the seals will stop them freezing together.
Appreciate 1