View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 10:18 AM   #74
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
It should be too. Personnel within the Astros specifically told Manfred during his investigation that 8 other teams were using tech to steal signs too. That apparently got thrown in the trash by Manfred though because nothing has been done after he handed out punishment to the Astros.

Pretty ridiculous to me. From the beginning, MLB should've just said "look, this is a league-wide issue, we messed up by not policing it properly but going forward we're doing more to make sure it doesn't happen again."

But instead they decided to just duck around any form of responsibility and pointed blame at someone so they could punish and look like the good guys.
MLB is Barney Fife. This thing didn't catch fire until journalists (and a whistle-blower) shed direct light on it. Then, MLB had to look at it. The report isn't really even comprehensive or definitive. I have more faith in those Twitter fans that combed through all videos of home games and plotted graphs of trash-banging per batter. That was pure gold. However, I do believe other teams were/are cheating (glass houses)....but, I also believe they used buzzers, lol.
Appreciate 0