03-08-2020, 11:25 AM   #31
Conezz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
I am sorry but I disagree with you.

Repainting your front bumper & hood costs much more than replacing a windshield for starters. Further there is a product called clearplex which goes on your windshield like a PPF if you are that concerned.

Coating doesn't replace PPF and PPF doesn't replace coating. Both are recommended.

I had a seamless PPF done on my car then I coated the entire car myself. PPF is all about the installer. You won't be able to tell its there if it is done right. I also had Xpel ultimate on my last 4 cars and did not experience discolor, swirls or scratches. There is also another product called Stek Dynoshield which is even more impressive than Xpel. Look it up.

Report back after 3 years after 30K + miles about the condition of your paint, not on your friends car after 8 months. The PPF you had clearly protected your previous car's at the expense of the film itself.

Overall this is a well documented fact and you pretty much need PPF on today's soft paints otherwise you will get chips. Coating has minimal protection against chipping.

But then as you stated, to each on its own. Some people don't care about chips or swirls and rather save the $$$
Replacing damaged clear bra can also get quite expensive.
Appreciate 0