Quote:
Originally Posted by PortimaoMystique View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evermire View Post
Thanks! I got mine from that link after your suggestion and I just finished installing mine and its soo much nicer than the cerum grey ones which look disgusting the day after washing my car...

I was actually able to do the install in a different way that saved a bunch of steps and completely avoiding taking the glass out.

Props to this guy for showing this method:

Tried my best to take pictures but all I did was first tilt the mirrors all the way down and right (driver) left (passenger). Then I stuck a small slim flathead screwdriver in the gap between the black bezel and the glass and pushed the top tab up and the bottom one down while applying outward pressure with my left hand. Once the top gets release I stuck a pry tool at the bottom corner next to the camera and pried it out. Got the passenger side cap off without breaking any clips and I just broke one clip on driver side. Super easy and took me 10 minutes to do each side.

Just did my mirrors the exact same way took me a second to realize you need to release the top clips on both sides, but once that's done it takes maybe 10 minutes a side tops. Way easier to do it this way and not risk that mirror. Plus the suggested mirrors fit great
Can you please elaborate on using the pry tool on the bottom part to get it off? So after the top clips x 2 are disengaged, what exactly do we do to the bottom? Also no screws or wires to remove with this shortened technique? Thanks a bunch!
There are clips on the bottom you just apply outward pressure and the clips will begin to disengage, just take you time and push outward and down a little you will need to wiggle them out a little.
Thank you! I ended up grabbing the eBay m style ones from custom tuningseller. Hopefully it doesn't look gimicky.
Attached Images