07-31-2020, 10:04 AM   #101
Leftkeylife
Banned
Rep
Drives: Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Most 2015/16 GTS are more than a T.
I would prefer NA motor of the GTS as well. I’m planning to test drive a T this weekend to see how it sounds with sport exhaust, this one is a PDK. The benefit of the T is you still have 2yrs of factory warranty plus 2yrs CPO. Very hard to find manual for either though...

Also continuing my search for 2015/16 S and 4S as well with sport exhaust.
I had a T in PDK. I absolutely loved it. I much prefer the Porsche 3.0 over BMWs 3.0 twin turbo engine. For me, I prefer the more linear powerband, and the way it still revs to redline like an NASP car. It also has a great sound and is a bit reminiscent of the air cooled 911s. Throttle response is so good and really almost no sign of any turbo lag. Just such a balanced car all around.

My wife and I are looking for another M3 (wouldnt have sold my other has I anticpated buying another but that was a while ago now) and we test drove an individual Grigio Medio over Cohiba Brown M3 Competition with DCT. I had not driven DCT in a while, but it felt awfully slow on downshifts and a bit lazy on upshifts (was on fastest setting in all sport plus modes), at least compared to PDK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
I've been lusting over the R8 lately, and $75K can get you a nice gen1....

I bought a 981S last summer and absolutely love it....found a highly spec'd one with all my must haves and saved about $20K over the next priced GTS version and its basically the same car once I put an exhaust on her. You can do a Cobb or Softronic tune on it and get more HP than a GTS also for about $1200...finding a white one with the X73 sport suspension wasn't easy but I stayed patient and found my unicorn

Stunning car. You can certainly gain some good power on these with a full exhaust and tune. Is this a 6 speed or PDK?
Appreciate 0