Thread: 330e woes
View Single Post
      03-13-2020, 09:13 AM   #1
ElwynJ92
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330e

330e woes

I have a 330e on lease which was delivered end of November. In that time I’ve covered just under 3k miles.
I was driving my newborn home from the hospital on the 22nd of February when numerous error messages flashed up before the car lost all power / electrics including acceleration in the middle lane of the motorway. I managed to coast to a slip road where I restarted the car and proceeded to a service station where the car was recovered by BMW emergency assist.
I was provided with a Mini as a courtesy car via enterprise which at the time I was happy with as had not expected a prolonged period of repair.
It’s now been 3 weeks since this happened and they are still none the wiser as to whats happened to the car. The updates I keep getting are “we are waiting on BMW technical”.
At the start of this week I contacted BMW via Twitter to vent my frustration at the delay and my fuel bill now being much higher with this replacement (I was spending maybe £40 a month on petrol previously, I’ve been spending that a week with the Mini). They said they had organised a 330e for me instead and the dealer would contact to arrange picking it up. That was 3 days ago and the dealer stills knows nothing of it.
I’m just frustrated that after less than 3 months of use the car I had waited so long to get my hands on has broken down and I’m stuck driving around in a car that isn’t the one I am paying for and it’s costing me far more for the privilege.
Does anyone have any idea if there are any other avenues I could turn to to get this sorted or am I just stuck waiting for them to sort out the issue?
Appreciate 0