View Single Post
      07-13-2020, 10:29 PM   #36
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
I tried out Comfort Plus today and can say that it is much zippier than standard Comfort mode.

I coded in Adaptive start-up mode (as I use this mode most frequently). That works well.

I also coded distance info in the HUD, but did not use Sat Nav on the drive today. I’ll comment on this when I next use Sat Nav.

Looking into Lane Change Assistant, I quickly realized the Module SAS2 is not supported by BimmerCode and therefore asked Stephan Gauch if he could assist. He replied very quickly that he would look into it and implement this facility in a future BimmerCode update.

One other thing I asked for was if it was possible to have indicators and what gear the car is in to be displayed in the HUD. Unfortunately, he believes this is not possible at the present time.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with BimmerCode Expert mode, but a few extra bits and bobs would be good. Certainly, coding with an iPhone is much easier than strapping in a laptop with E-Sys. This will be particularly useful when the OTA Software has been updated and various coding requires re-installation.