11-26-2023, 08:15 PM   #53
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I do the same with other services like Apple TV, Paramount etc. The only ones I have all the time is HBO (because I have cable HBO through HOA) and Amazon because of Prime. I RARELY find anything worth watching on Netflix anymore. If something does come out I'll use my friends account.

I don't know why so many of their stuff is dubbed to English these days (I'm guessing it's cheaper?). I really liked the Dark series though and the dubbing is much better than back in the day. Still not much for me on there.
I also cancelled Hulu recently and cancelled Apple a long time ago. I have Prime for the same reason as you and HBO (I guess MAX now) + SHO through YouTube TV. Also get Paramount+ and Peacock at no charge for some other subs. Streaming is really just like cable but fragmented. Expensive, tons to watch but not much worth watching.

As far as the dubbed stuff on Netflix, I think they have original programming in multiple markets and try to pass it off everywhere as interesting. Dubbing is better nowadays but just don’t think most of that stuff is worth the premium price.