United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboyj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3661 View Post
So I'm still experiencing issues with the welcome lights and my car has been in the dealers for a few days trying to fix this.

They have said they have fixed it and said it works at night but when testing they don't come on when I approach the vehicle and it senses the key during the day as it did before and said I need to auto unlock option switched on which I never had before. Two questions:

Is this function still on newer models than mine (03/2019) where the car detects the key as you approach and the lights activate during the day and night and cycles through without auto unlock switched on?

Could someone share a video of this if possible please showing them come on when you approach the car with it still locked and the lights should come on and off?

Many thanks
I also have a 320d (03/2019) with the same problem. The welcome lights worked until I installed an 'over the air' update to the car and they haven't worked since. I thought it was a great feature, walking up to the car and lights coming on without any interaction via the key. I have Comfort access but have left auto unlock deliberately turned off.

I would ask my local dealer to have a look at it but judging by what you're saying it's a painful process and my singular visit to them so far for another matter was painful enough.

Sorry I can't provide any video evidence to assist, but good luck getting it resolved and if you do please post the fix.
It's so frustrating, they don't understand what I mean. They have updated the software to latest version, updated the main car firmware and replaced the BDC module but still won't work unless I put the comfort access on as I approach.

Did yours used to work during the day?

I could stand near the car during the day and the lights would cycle through the DRLs, side lights and main beams with the blue from the laser lights staying on for a period of time.
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 1