United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
I have great respect for men and women that have fought for this country.,” Kaepernick said, according to a full transcript of his group interview from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News. “I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. They fight for freedom. They fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice for everyone. And that’s not happening.
“People are dying in vain because this country isn’t holding their end of the bargain up, as far as giving freedom and justice, liberty to everybody. It’s something that’s not happening.”
There’s things we can do to hold them more accountable, make those standards higher,” Kaepernick said, according to Kawakami’s transcript. “You have people that practice law and our lawyers and go to school for eight years, but you can become a cop in six months and don’t have to have the same amount of training as a cosmetologist.
“That’s insane. Someone that’s holding a curling iron has more education and more training than people that have a gun and are going out on the street to protect us.”
I don't know about other cities, but in Austin, Tx it takes more than 6 months.

The Austin Police Training Academy is 32 weeks long, including 1,280 hours of instruction. Throughout the academy, cadets are continually assessed on their physical ability, with tests performed twice a week. Upon graduating from the academy, officers will enter the field training program for 3-4 months to complete their training.

32 weeks is 8 months and the additional 3-4 months means that they spend 11-12 months training.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org

Last edited by SakhirM4; 08-28-2016 at 11:33 PM..
Appreciate 0