Thread: Android Auto
View Single Post
      01-23-2023, 03:44 PM   #180
cipherzero9
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive, Corvette C8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone1008 View Post
The app is missing because it's not connecting. Unlike Carplay that you see even if not connected, Android Auto doesn't show up until your phone connects to your car both wifi and bluetooth. Did you watch the video?
Yes, I have seen this video before. I am very familiar with using wireless android auto in other cars. I'll walk you through what happens at the moment for the BMW:

1. I get in the car and turn it on
2. My phone successfully pairs via bluetooth to the car and my phone screen will say "searching for android auto" for a few seconds before going away.
3. Nothing happens on the idrive screen
4. If I go to the apps page on idrive (like the video instructs) there is NO android auto app.

I've checked:
1. Android auto is enabled on phone (see above) and wireless is enabled. Wifi is turned on phone as well.
2. Phone shows as connected on idrive for wifi and bluetooth.
3. After checking android auto on phone (I am aware it is built in, no dedicated app) the options page indicates it found my BMW and that "wireless android auto is available"

Following the video, I come to a stop at 30 seconds since I do not see the android auto app in my idrive.

Update: I called BMW genius line, after them walking me through the same steps I did before, they concluded I need to go back into the dealer to get them to look at either redoing the update or something else. Will update after I visit hopefully sometime next week.

I've attached 2 images below.

Last edited by cipherzero9; 01-23-2023 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0