06-04-2019, 03:41 PM   #1116
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
When you guys say bucket seats, do you mean like the recaro option int he GT350 that fits super snug, limits adjustability, removes heated/cooled seat options, etc? If so then i understand 100% why they wouldn't offer it. I don't see how that sells to begin with, especially with the huge markup OEMs charge just to make it worth their while. maybe save it for the track prepped version but no use offering it on the standard G80. If you're that serious about it, fitting aftermarket buckes/rails/sliders is more cost effective than a $3k+ factory option.
My aftermarket Cobra buckets cost me $3k and that is without any mounting HW. I would think $3k is a very fair price for some decent lightweight factory buckets with shoulder harness pass-through. That said, I think the option would be better suited to the M2 as I think the now supersized G80 M3 will cater more to the business crowd than the track crowd. Would still be great if they offer them for the M3 though! My guess is they still won't be anything like the M4 GTS seats... that is what I'd like to see in the M2 going forward.