View Single Post
      07-05-2019, 10:31 AM   #66
Becky_the_f30
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
They got it all wrong. The engine upgrade and the upper models are only as good as the base models. The body stiffness, the suspension design, weight distribution all stay from base models.
I bought 340 based on how good the 330 test drive was.

If c 300 sucks in base form - guess what - lipstick on a pig is not going to make it a good car. It makes noises but like they said on the track and at the limit - it will all mean nothing. Meanwhile M340 behaves beautifully at the limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
They got it all wrong. The engine upgrade and the upper models are only as good as the base models. The body stiffness, the suspension design, weight distribution all stay from base models.
I bought 340 based on how good the 330 test drive was.

If c 300 sucks in base form - guess what - lipstick on a pig is not going to make it a good car. It makes noises but like they said on the track and at the limit - it will all mean nothing. Meanwhile M340 behaves beautifully at the limit.
Man you hit this on the head!! This was the exact same thought process I had going on while watching this video. The 330 is starting from a much higher level than the base c300 and the fact that they didn't even mention that was pretty disappointing.