Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMSport2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMSport2 View Post
You are obviously one of those people who drink the Kool aid. This article and other indicate that BMW car sales are better than MB and Audi because it had better supply chain.
You are the one making baseless accusations of people not wanting to admit better sales because of larger grilles and fwd etc or better cars. I have shown you facts and I can provide more but people like you who want to make accusations without facts won't care anyways. Obviously chips may not be the only deciding factor but is a huge when when you go into MB and they tell you they don't have any cars to sell and then BMW say what car do you want?
What facts have you shown us really? We all know about the supply issues and BMW's better management of parts but the reality is that the new BMW styling isn't nearly the deterrent that some here seem to portray it as. Since you are big on facts, there's no factual evidence that supports that the new styling is hurting sales. Large automakers primarily target mass consumers not enthusiasts as the internet has hated on Lexus grilles since they came out but Lexus market share has rebounded nicely from 2011 where they were at their low. I can't say with proof that the inclusion of the big grilles in 2011 is the reason they rebounded but we can be fairly confident that it certainly didn't hurt and probably helped.
If you can read I said sales are higher because of BMW's better management of supply. unlike some here who want to think the sales are better because of design etc. I have not indicated design hurt sales but the main fact is that because BMW has supply their sales are crushing MB and this was not the case the last few years where sales figures were fairly close when no supply issues and MB.
Actually there are layers to the response and you're being purposely disingenuous.

There are people who makes excuses for the company's success, even purporting that people buy cars they don't like and/or don't find particularly appealing. That is the common opinion of many who hate BMW's current design language and we've watched that perspective play out on discussion forums. Supply or not, if people didn't like the cars, they wouldn't be selling (…just like the car lots full of Volvo's and Alfa Romeo's).
Not liking their current design I will admit to that. that said it is a separate conversation and the supply chain has in this case placed a bigger factor than anything else in the numbers. Enthusiasts may only buy an MB or a BMW but the majority wouldn't care less and buy from whomever has a luxury car in the segment they are looking at. Also we are also dealing with lease ends and guess what when someone lease ends they need a car otherwise no car.
Yes! That's a point that holds merit, but…..they could always buy used, keep/buy out the car they currently have, etc. Aside from mechanical issues that affect trust in the vehicle operation, nothing forces someone to go out and spend another $60-90k+ on a car in this segment. There's the small percentage that will buy anything with a luxury marque symbol on it, but for the vast majority we buy that which appeals to us. I think we can agree on that.

Porsche has plenty supply of Taycan's and Cayenne's, for example, but those of us who wanted 911's didn't go out and buy from that supply just because it was available. We decided to wait it out, drive what we had and were patient until allocations were available.

Anyway, I think we're partially arguing some similar points [even if slightly tangential], so……

….how about Brady & those Buccaneers?!?
For many whom has a car allowance from company or own a company makes more sense to lease another car than to buy out for tax purposes at least in Canada, not sure if the US is the same.
Porsche is a much flashier car and sometimes not as appropriate for a company car as would a BMW.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00