10-19-2021, 07:03 PM   #44
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Toyota making boring cars is also laughing all the way to the bank with record sales and maintaining their #1 sales/market share. But that's not really the point.

Speaking as one who think BMW has lost its way, we're talking about how the cars drive, not about sales volume. We know BMW is making cars softer, less road feel, more isolation, etc., because they want to cater to the masses in order to increase sales. With so much effort to appease the masses, we expect BMW to have increased sales.

However, as I stated above, all of BMW's major competitors are also having record sales, including Porsche, so is it really that great of a feat? Porsche has managed to keep their cars exciting and sell in record volumes. It can be done.
Is selling more cars in the last few years more than any other luxury manufacturer a great feat? Personally, I'd say so. What say you? no? I would think other manufacturers would have passed them by now with some of the horrendous (IMO) designs coming out of BMW like the FWD sedan gran coupes corollas.

I assume your point is they still lost their ways of the old and even being #1 in most sold luxury cars doesn't mean anything to you. That may be true - but the majority of people would still buy a BMW over a mercedes / audi / lexus according to number of cars sold.

Which brings me back to my point - BMW is laughing all the way to the bank, and making cars that people will buy. That's all they want. They could not careless if I felt their grills were ugly whilst positioned in front of their FWD drivetrain a tranverse mounted engine, but hey I can drink my cappuccino gazing through this panoramic roof though.

Last edited by JamesGames; 10-19-2021 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24973.00