08-23-2019, 10:02 AM   #10
joes_m340
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
There is no dinan tune not for any B58 not for years nothing - they released a piggy back with lackluster reviews for the first B58 (search this forum for much research not my opinion just sharing what is available on this forum) some are happy most are not - that said it is a piggyback trick box - I've had a a few piggybacks (when flash options were not available) I would steer away especially with a flash now available / and in that we are talking about nearly 60k+ plus cars - please do it right

Don't get me wrong I loved Dinan back in the 80's/90's and even had the opportunity to hang out with Steve - but the Dinan of today is not the Dinan we (us old BMW guys) fell in love with years ago / Steve is gone and they are now corporate owned by Driven Performance Brand Group (which includes B&M Racing and Performance, Flowmaster, and Hurst Driveline Conversions etc) - I know we all long for that "factory backed" Dinan solution but when it comes to an actual tune for the B58 it doesn't exist

Yikes, was not trying to ruffle any feathers. I'm aware Dinan doesn't have a tune currently, I'm eluding to their last one for the 2018, the DINANTRONICS Elite V2 for the BMW B58.

Politics aside, they offered a tune and honored the BMW warranty match, is that not a reasonable thing to ask about? I mean, we're talking about 60k+ cars now, personally I'd wait to see how these cars react with an aggressive tune like that before I buy one with no warranty option.