12-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #5
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I've been up there a few times but only once in the winter and didn't do any skiing. I can tell you some of what you should see though:

1) Peak 2 Peak Gondala - not only does it make getting between both mountains easy, but it's just an engineering marvel with spectacular views. Don't miss it. Nearby there is a fabulous lodge which is pretty large. They sell some amazing poutine and have panoramic views of the mountains. Be sure to get a photo with the famous Ilanaaq outside.
2) Whistler Village is well...a village. It is a very charming and nice to be in. No cars are allowed. It has a very festive atmosphere. Place is kind of small but still cool. There are some nice little restaurants and bars around. I can name a few of my favorites if you'd like. A lot of little boutique stores as well along with some more mainstream ones like Lululemon.
3) The ice rink is pretty small but is worth checking out once.

I'm sure there's snowmobiling and a bunch of other stuff, but I've never participated in winter sports so I can't speak to that.

Personally I prefer going there in the summer. The weather is just outstanding (only time of the year when PNW weather is good), there are miles and miles of hiking trails to explore, nearby lakes to see, lots of mountain biking, sun stays out all day, and you don't freeze your balls off.

And let's not forget...driving from Vancouver to Whistler alone Sea 2 Sky highway's winding roads in a BMW is a memorable and joyous occasion. Can't do that in the winter months.
Thanks man. I'm actually driving from Seattle to whister. Flights were half than flying to Vancouver.
Appreciate 0