Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EndOfAnEra- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDivaS6 View Post
Fantastic story - thanks for sharing! I’m still missing my e90 m3 MT (sold it 2 years ago), and still have my e46 330 zhp MT and still love zipping around in it. Thinking of adding another vehicle and was considering buying another e90 m3 just because I miss it so much, but this write up has me considering the newer models now. Always a luxury to add a third car to the family so no hurry, but this has given me new avenues to explore.

Thanks! I was too new to BMW to know the significance of the ZHP when I had my E46, but I think about them all the time now if I were to get a fun car and didn't want to break the bank.

I considered E90 M3 last time around but the delta was just too big at the time. Definitely think that if you want one again, now is the time before price goes the way of the E39 M5!

Enjoy the car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOSE13 View Post
Great read. Hope you are enjoying the new ride. I traded my 2013 328i M sport coupe for my M340i back in November. I needed a four door and after months of finding the right 2017-2018 M3, only to have them sold before I could get to them, my wife convinced me to go with the M340i. The first month was miserable with regret for not holding out another month for an M3. Now 5 months in, I love the car. Takes a few months to get used to the new tech inside. Adding M performance exhaust in January helped too! Big improvement from the stock exhaust. Enjoy and i will be waiting to read your updates in the future.
Thanks! The tech is great, but I must say some of it feels like a solution to a problem that didn't exist before, such as, why is the default Comfort and not Sport like all 3-series BMWs before modes?

That said, I set my Sport Individual to have Comfort steering because I noticed that while Sport has a more traditional weight, Comfort has a closer feel and linearity to a pre-electric setup in my opinion. Still need more seat time to come to a conclusion!

I really wanted MPE but didn't want to delay my build. There's no real volume until you go Sport+ so I'm balancing between hearing that exhaust and not being obnoxious on the road! May very well look at it in the future though.
Get MPE. obnoxious sound is not how I'd describe a factory exhaust option.