Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EndOfAnEra- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Get MPE. obnoxious sound is not how I'd describe a factory exhaust option.
I changed my mind I'm finding it harder and harder NOT to keep engine in Sports Plus! It just sounds RIGHT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
hehehehe...I will consider it again, promise!

Congrats again for your new ride!

Let me know if ever miss your E90
Thanks! What I'm missing from the E90 is the mechanical feel. And as fast as the paddles are, it definitely feels weird that my left leg has nothing to do, and every shift feels exactly the same, like clockwork. No more games rev-matching or seeing how fast and smooth you can shift.

This is a good reason to keep transmission in Sports Plus, because the harshness of the shifts reminds you that YOU are shifting! Will have to see if I still feel this way in a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriver85 View Post
Just curious, did you consider getting rid of the wife, instead of a stick shift vehicle?

J/k, looks great and good luck with your new whip, and thanks for the history of the previous cars, the look awesome as well, especially that E46!
Thanks, she's too well equipped to give up so easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
Enjoyed this! I learned stick in my first BMW back in 2004. Also a black E46. I still miss that car. Also like you, I kept my most recent shifter knob from my F30 6MT though I keep it on my desk as opposed to my glove compartment.
That's awesome! Pics?
Regarding shifting with paddles, enjoy it. I don't know how they feel in the new 3 series, but in my m550 I find them too gentle and not as quick as I would expect (after driving DCT M3 for 4 years). So in the 5er I put it into sport plus everything and the car comes alive. I feel the way they programmed everything, the car is always in right gear and even sounds better as opposed to when I start intervening.