08-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #18
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
I never shot with film and am not a purist in any way. I strongly feel that the final image is most important and a photographer should do whatever it takes to get the best final output. I do my best to take the best photo initially (good glass, attention to composition/lighting, focus, etc), but never stop there. Most of my images go through post work (and usually undetectable by anyone) to add depth, remove distractions, or to set a mood.

With that said, anyone use any special tools/filters for their processing? I stumbled across Totally Rad Actions (http://www.gettotallyrad.com/) a few months ago and it has become a vital part of my post work. I HIGHLY recommend checking it out. Take a look at the "recipes" (http://gettotallyrad.com/recipes/) section to see user-submitted photos and how they used the filters to achieve that particular look.

I always say this whenever the topic of HDR comes up, but just like any post work, it can be done well or overdone. HDR isn't a look, it's a technique. It has a bad rap because most people make HDRs look very unnatural and overdone. In some cases the hyper-real fantasy look works, but yes, when done on too many photos, it gets old quick. However you can create HDR images that are subtle and 99% would never even know it was an HDR. It's a great tool that solves lighting problems in many scenarios.

Thanks for the link, but they ask you to buy it? Is there free versions? (not try out version)

PS.

I AM IN NEED OF A NEW PHOTOSHOP CS2 or BETTER... I have an old version of Photoshop...

PS. You have very nice collection of photos in your flickr. great shots.

2008 E92 335i (sold)
Appreciate 0