Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
yep, this is why I don't go to many car meets and I don't drag race or compete at tracks. I don't care if its a m3 or m340i, I appreciate the car for what it is or what I can afford. I typically don't have time to set around to see who has the biggest jank. ��
That's completely valid. Street racing is very different than tracking however.

I don't go to the track specifically to compare times, although it happens naturally, but not usually to brag about "kills", merely to set a goal for myself. A better skilled driver will run faster laps in a "slower" car. People at circuits are overall very friendly and helpful to one another. We give ride alongs, share our techniques, and even help when something breaks. We are all there to ultimately beat our personal bests and the skill levels are so spread apart that I'd rather see what a faster driver's line is and compare it to mine rather than talk shit about a car because it's slower to 60. Ridiculous. Of course there are some bad eggs too, but not as many as road ragers on the street.

I think the only times I compare lap times is when someone in acting like a complete douche bag. They're usually in the beginner heats, overdriving their high horsepower car and bullying the slower drivers (honking, passing aggressively, riding their tails, not letting faster cars -Miatas- pass because of their ego). Otherwise, respect to skilled drivers, fk the d-bags.

I've met more than a few street racers come in for the first time on a track day, bragging how they're gonna tear it up and they know how to drift around corners because the freeway onramp by their house is enough to hone their skill. I love seeing the look in their eyes after their first session when they realize street racing is like 1/10th the intensity of circuit racing. They shut up real quick and start asking questions... which is a good thing. Gotta admit, I had a little of that in me. I thought I could drive until a 50 year old former professional race car driver proved to me I pretty much sucked!

Circuit racing give you humility.

Street racing inflates your ego.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82

Last edited by jmg; 05-05-2020 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
GB///M167.50