06-16-2020, 06:15 PM   #7
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
Thanks for the info. My current car is a '12 Cruze, 130k miles. I did about 90% of all maintenance and preventative maintenance myself, only thing that went bad was a cooler hose and temp sensor. Are you considering an extended warranty?

Looking through the forums I see only a couple complaints like wind noise issue and sunroof vibration issue. Hopefully these get addressed for the 21s :P
No rattles, tight as a drum on my car.

To give you some perspective on life outside of warranty, I ran one BMW to 115,000 from 60,000 miles, and one from 35,000 to 100,000. The biggest headaches I experienced were cooling system failures and suspension refreshes at high mileage. Being able to wrench is an instant plus with these cars!

I've never had an extended warranty, and generally would only consider it on serious M cars, like the M3 or M5. As long as you're willing to do most work and rely on a trusted independent mechanic for the items you can't handle, I think you'll be fine for the longterm. As others have said, you can always get an extended warranty if needed.

You should also know that the M340i uses the BMW B58 straight-six engine. To see what is possible from a tuning perspective I would familiarize yourself with the F30 forum as the 340i from that generation (2016 to 2018 I believe) used an earlier version of that engine.

Personally, I don't feel that the car needs to be tuned, but then I'm not yet used to it yet Coming from a Cruze, I'm thinking you're going to be pleasantly surprised what this car can do!
Appreciate 0