01-13-2020, 07:19 AM   #410
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
*Car guys* have responded with overwhelming criticism. The general public has not. My wife loves the X7. Her main criticism of German SUVs was that they're too round and pointy. The big square front end makes it look more prestigious. I believe her exact words were, "No one wants a dinky looking car or SUV."

You can imagine my frustration when I showed her the G8x leaks and she loved it. I posted it on my instagram story and several friends messaged me asking about it. It is what it is
This is exactly what I've found as well. I decided to post a simple crude poll on my Instagram of the 4 series concept right after I saw it in person at Frankfurt, simply do you like it or hate it. The result was that those interested in cars all hated the look whereas those not interested ('general public') thought it looked great. Perhaps the surprise for me was the end result which showed there being a majority for liking the design. The general public's perception outweighed those of petrol heads. Perhaps we will see that trend in real life once its released
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25204.00
kern4174456.50