Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions I can't find used well-optioned M340i

05-13-2024, 04:14 PM   #45
tgrundke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M340xi; '16 GTI Autobahn

Garage List
2023 M340  [10.00]
Adaptive for the win.

I was lucky to have found a used '23 in Tanzanite with every option, sans Driver Assist Pro (unfortunately).
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 08:25 AM   #46
chrismia
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 45e

Hang in there and be vigilant and diligent. It took me over a month to find what I was looking for. I set up an Autotrader search and checked the result 2-3x/day to catch new inventory as it was coming online. I got lucky to find a loaded one that had what I was looking for plus more:

2021 CPO
16,300 miles
Mineral Grey over Black Vernasca w/ Blue Stitch
Executive (I was looking for Premium)
Parking Assistance (wasn't looking for this)
Driving Assistance
Cooling/Tire (wasn't looking for this; thrilled to have PS4 non-RFTs though)
792 Wheels (I hate jet black wheels)
Adaptive Suspension
HK Audio
Wireless Charging (wasn't looking for this)
Remote Start (wasn't looking for this)
Power Tailgate (wasn't looking for this)

Must-haves for me were premium package, vernasca, adaptive, HK. I also wanted shadowline but think the cerium trim looks good on MG, especially with the 792 wheels.

It's also worth cross-referencing the dealer websites with Autotrader, as the latter doesn't always list all of the options. If I found something that looked promising or seemed like there might be more than what's listed, I'd run to the dealer page and request the options sheet. Most of the time these cars don't have pics up for the first few days they're online, which should give you a leg up against more casual window shoppers.

I also found that the cooling/tire package was a good sign that the car had adaptive suspension and otherwise was well spec'd. There weren't many of them (8 out of approx. 140 nationwide during the first week of May), but except for (maybe?) one all of them had the adaptive suspension.

Good luck on your search.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 03:18 PM   #47
LopsidedLand
Rep
Drives: No BMWs yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontuseblinkers View Post
the only people saying adaptive suspension isn't worth it is sales people.

I was at 2 dealerships and both the guys tried to feed me the same line that adaptive suspension isn't worth it. They have never heard that BMW is a rough ride. They had adaptive suspension and then took it off their cars.

You ask any of the people who bought a car and they also mention that it is the most important feature in the car in terms of ride quality.

I had a similar experience, with the sales people telling me that adaptive suspension was only for people who wanted the ride to be even more stiff, or that stiff suspension is part of what you get with a performance -oriented car like a BMW.

My first test drive was in a model without adaptive suspension, and one of the first things I noticed was the harsh ride quality. It really wasn't that bad but it was enough for me to know I'd want the Adpative M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 03:19 PM   #48
LopsidedLand
Rep
Drives: No BMWs yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismia View Post
Hang in there and be vigilant and diligent. It took me over a month to find what I was looking for. I set up an Autotrader search and checked the result 2-3x/day to catch new inventory as it was coming online. I got lucky to find a loaded one that had what I was looking for plus more:

2021 CPO
16,300 miles
Mineral Grey over Black Vernasca w/ Blue Stitch
Executive (I was looking for Premium)
Parking Assistance (wasn't looking for this)
Driving Assistance
Cooling/Tire (wasn't looking for this; thrilled to have PS4 non-RFTs though)
792 Wheels (I hate jet black wheels)
Adaptive Suspension
HK Audio
Wireless Charging (wasn't looking for this)
Remote Start (wasn't looking for this)
Power Tailgate (wasn't looking for this)

Must-haves for me were premium package, vernasca, adaptive, HK. I also wanted shadowline but think the cerium trim looks good on MG, especially with the 792 wheels.

It's also worth cross-referencing the dealer websites with Autotrader, as the latter doesn't always list all of the options. If I found something that looked promising or seemed like there might be more than what's listed, I'd run to the dealer page and request the options sheet. Most of the time these cars don't have pics up for the first few days they're online, which should give you a leg up against more casual window shoppers.

I also found that the cooling/tire package was a good sign that the car had adaptive suspension and otherwise was well spec'd. There weren't many of them (8 out of approx. 140 nationwide during the first week of May), but except for (maybe?) one all of them had the adaptive suspension.

Good luck on your search.
We're you looking for specific colors too? Or were you fine with just about any color combination
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 08:29 PM   #49
chrismia
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopsidedLand View Post
We're you looking for specific colors too? Or were you fine with just about any color combination
I would’ve accepted three exterior colors. In order of preference I wanted TBII, MG, BSM, but knew that TBII was a long shot as most opt for PB instead.

For interior I would’ve accepted black with blue stitch or tacora (and I wouldn’t have done BSM over black interior).

For trim I really wanted black oak but might’ve been fine with aluminum mesh or the glossy dark wood if everything else was on point. I don’t like tetragon.

Honestly the one thing that I could’ve done without was xDrive. I live in South Florida so don’t really need it, but this car was otherwise such a good build for me, and had such good history between mileage and lease return with service history, that I didn’t care if it had xDrive.

Last edited by chrismia; 05-14-2024 at 08:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 02:19 PM   #50
dontuseblinkers
Rep
Drives: m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopsidedLand View Post
I had a similar experience, with the sales people telling me that adaptive suspension was only for people who wanted the ride to be even more stiff, or that stiff suspension is part of what you get with a performance -oriented car like a BMW.

My first test drive was in a model without adaptive suspension, and one of the first things I noticed was the harsh ride quality. It really wasn't that bad but it was enough for me to know I'd want the Adpative M Suspension
sales people either don't know their cars at all or will say anything to sell it.

or both.

i wasted 30 min with a sales guy trying to tell me that the m240i doesn't have adaptive suspension.

then after he said yes it actually has it but it comes standard so hes right because its not an option.

i went with a broker after that.
Appreciate 0