Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Deleted Items - credits?

07-08-2022, 01:08 PM   #1
siwatkins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i XDrive Coupe (G22)

Deleted Items - credits?

Hi All,

Some chat on the U.K. forum about deletions from spec after ordering, due to parts shortages.

Seems to be the general state that BMW U.K. are not giving credit for missing items.

Eg my car and others being delivered around now, are having the following additional deletions due to shortages (ie these weren’t an issue at the point of ordering so have been paid for, but will now be missing):

Digital Key
Contactless Tailgate
Idrive touch Function
Gesture Control

Are BMW USA giving credit for these deletions? There isn’t much transparency over the value of these elements as they are sub elements of packs or other options.

Any insight will be useful! S
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 09:25 PM   #2
mfour40
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i Past: 2016 BM

Garage List
2016 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by siwatkins View Post
Hi All,

Some chat on the U.K. forum about deletions from spec after ordering, due to parts shortages.

Seems to be the general state that BMW U.K. are not giving credit for missing items.

Eg my car and others being delivered around now, are having the following additional deletions due to shortages (ie these weren't an issue at the point of ordering so have been paid for, but will now be missing):

Digital Key
Contactless Tailgate
Idrive touch Function
Gesture Control

Are BMW USA giving credit for these deletions? There isn't much transparency over the value of these elements as they are sub elements of packs or other options.

Any insight will be useful! S
Yes my car just arrived at the dealership tonight and I took a photo of the window sticker. I received credits for removed items.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
siwatkins117.50
      07-09-2022, 09:34 AM   #3
siwatkins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i XDrive Coupe (G22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfour40 View Post
Yes my car just arrived at the dealership tonight and I took a photo of the window sticker. I received credits for removed items.

Thanks for that - useful!
Appreciate 1
mfour4016.00