Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions New 2024 m440i gc

07-21-2023, 04:35 AM   #1
stlmtb13
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 m440i xdrive gc

New 2024 m440i gc

Hey all,
Proud new owner of a 2024 m440i xdrive gc. Brooklyn grey with black leather. Pretty much optioned out. Loving it. The hatch sold me as it has incredible space.

Question though. I'm a big biker, especially mountain bikes. I bought a direct mount roof rack and bike carrier. But I'm starting to wonder if I really want to have that on my car full time. So I am looking at the stealth hitches. But the stealth hitch site shows a hitch will only work on a 2023 m440i convertible. So has anyone on here put one on a gran coupe? Will it work? I like the idea of being able to pop a hitch on and off to keep the car cleaner looking.

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b5948.50
      07-21-2023, 02:41 PM   #2
sikotic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340I

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but will the bike fit in the hatch with the rear seats folded? I had the previous generation 4GC and it never failed to impress me with what I was able to fit back there.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2023, 04:34 PM   #3
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlmtb13 View Post
Hey all,
Proud new owner of a 2024 m440i xdrive gc. Brooklyn grey with black leather. Pretty much optioned out. Loving it. The hatch sold me as it has incredible space.

Question though. I'm a big biker, especially mountain bikes. I bought a direct mount roof rack and bike carrier. But I'm starting to wonder if I really want to have that on my car full time. So I am looking at the stealth hitches. But the stealth hitch site shows a hitch will only work on a 2023 m440i convertible. So has anyone on here put one on a gran coupe? Will it work? I like the idea of being able to pop a hitch on and off to keep the car cleaner looking.

Thanks!
While I am not sure about retrofitting/installing a hitch, I don't think it would be a difficult process to install one and I am sure some members have accomplished that tasks.

I did, however, want to lessen your anxiety by pointing out that the Vernasca leather is fairly strong/durable and so occasionally transporting your bike inside the vehicle shouldn't be too much of an issue. You can even lay a towel or two down for added protection. However, as mentioned above, the Vernasca leather is fairly strong and durable!

Now what would be a problem is if you planned on hauling your bike inside a car that had Smoke White Merino Leather!! lmao
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 10:34 AM   #4
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlmtb13 View Post
Hey all,

Thanks!
Congrats!

I am still driving 2017 F36 440i GC. Perhaps the best car I've owned.

Photos of your car are always appreciated.
Appreciate 0