Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Auto start/Stop memory not being saved after coding with Bimmercode

05-09-2024, 12:25 AM   #1
Mr.G20 M340
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Portimao Blue M340-x

Auto start/Stop memory not being saved after coding with Bimmercode

I’m having this weird issue where I can’t code the last memory of the auto start stop. Has anyone had this issue before? My idrive hasn’t been updated for a long time because I have a tune and also have a CEL from active grilles not working, could any of those be causing this weird issue?

Any input would be much appreciated.

2020 Portimao Blue M340 X Drive and adaptive suspension.
Mods: custom exhaust, VRSF Catted DP, Injen intake and Chargepipe.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 07:53 PM   #2
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

I'm pretty sure its across the board that BMW did something with one of the Idrive updates that overwrote the ability to code this. The only known 100% workaround is to code your car to start in Sport Individual and customize that exactly how you want it to be. I use my Sport Individual basically as "comfort with no auto start/stop" as Sport Individual (and all sport modes) defaults to no auto start/stop. You can also just default your car to start in Sport or Sport+ and this will also effectively turn off Auto Start Stop, but I don't believe its possible to code out in any of the comfort or the Eco+ modes anymore. It's a little annoying but at least you're obviously comfortable coding, so it should be pretty easy.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 08:12 PM   #3
Mr.G20 M340
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Portimao Blue M340-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
I'm pretty sure its across the board that BMW did something with one of the Idrive updates that overwrote the ability to code this. The only known 100% workaround is to code your car to start in Sport Individual and customize that exactly how you want it to be. I use my Sport Individual basically as "comfort with no auto start/stop" as Sport Individual (and all sport modes) defaults to no auto start/stop. You can also just default your car to start in Sport or Sport+ and this will also effectively turn off Auto Start Stop, but I don't believe its possible to code out in any of the comfort or the Eco+ modes anymore. It's a little annoying but at least you're obviously comfortable coding, so it should be pretty easy.
I’ve heard that, but the thing is I didn’t update my idrive, so how did change happen? Wonder if I can have my tuner do something lol

2020 Portimao Blue M340 X Drive and adaptive suspension.
Mods: custom exhaust, VRSF Catted DP, Injen intake and Chargepipe.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 08:27 PM   #4
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G20 M340 View Post
I’ve heard that, but the thing is I didn’t update my idrive, so how did change happen? Wonder if I can have my tuner do something lol
There are some other threads where people have some mixed results I think. Coding to start the car in the mode/settings you actually want instead of comfort is something you should definitely take advantage of anyway though. Comfort gauges are boring

I despise the auto start/stop. I'm convinced one day its going to get me in an accident no matter what anyone else says. It's annoying, and by my understanding it really doesn't actually save gas, it just tricks the regulatory emissions test over a set period of time and a course simulated drive.

I think I'm in the minority, but I also DESPISE the cold start routine with a passion. When the car is warmed up it does this really sexy "one blip" rev and then goes back to normal idle. . . That's what I want every time. When I remote start the car I'm clearly warming it up . . . I don't need a cold start. I really wish there was a simple way to tune that out without sending my DME to Finland. I hate it so much I'm actually contemplating it though.

I think the car sounds great overall (I have M Sport Exhaust) but the cold start is just way too loud. I find it embarrassing in a parking garage and I park in one every day.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 10:05 AM   #5
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X (2020 G20)

Maybe I'm the exception. I have no issue coding the memory on start/stop with bimmercode. And I am on very recent - April 2024 update.

Everytime I select Comfort it is in the last setting I had it on, which of course,
is off. Seems to work fine for me.

I have a MHD tune and that can delete the cold start. So it immediately settles to 700rpm, everytime.
Appreciate 0