Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Exhaust! Help!

11-21-2021, 01:51 PM   #1
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Exhaust! Help!

Okay. I've posted on here many times and read many forums about upgrading my exhaust.

But I can't decide, I can't wrap my mind around what to choose. There are so many options and I don't know if I would like the sound of many, because I have not heard the U.K/EU versions or not many people talk about getting them on the G20 M340i.

I know there are many things to choose from and different exhausts give you different things but I have decided the direction I want to follow.

- I want an exhaust that doesn't require me to cut the oem exhaust
- that doesn't require a tune
- that deletes the opf (will be using leib opf delete).

I want a deep, aggressive exhaust sound when I accelerate. I know a lot of this sound does come from down pipes but for now I am keeping this standard.

I also want one that crackers/pop when I downshift.

Cat back exhaust would be good, I've been looking at the Remus racing cat back exhaust but I am worried it won't be what I am looking for.

My budget is around £3000 more or less.

Also I won't be spending £800 on Remus tips etc as it's a waste of money. It would be going towards the exhaust itself.

Also, if I was to get an exhaust that would have NO opfs, would it sound the same as the US cars? As there are many videos of them on YouTube.

I've seen a few other people with these kind of questions on exhaust websites, so please help me and others. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 02:51 PM   #2
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabbypatty View Post
I know there are many things to choose from and different exhausts give you different things but I have decided the direction I want to follow.

I want a deep, aggressive exhaust sound when I accelerate. I know a lot of this sound does come from down pipes but for now I am keeping this standard.

Cat back exhaust would be good, I've been looking at the Remus racing cat back exhaust but I am worried it won't be what I am looking for.

https://www.awe-tuning.com/bmw-g20-m340i-exhaust-suite

You can't go wrong with AWE Tuning, great company & excellent products. It looks like they have a UK office:

https://awe-tuning.co.uk/

I'm sure they could help you sort out whatever you're looking for, good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 09:58 PM   #3
SuprBmwG20
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw G20 M340i

Quote:
Okay. I've posted on here many times and read many forums about upgrading my exhaust.

But I can't decide, I can't wrap my mind around what to choose. There are so many options and I don't know if I would like the sound of many, because I have not heard the U.K/EU versions or not many people talk about getting them on the G20 M340i.

Also I won't be spending £800 on Remus tips etc as it's a waste of money. It would be going towards the exhaust itself.

Also, if I was to get an exhaust that would have NO opfs, would it sound the same as the US cars? As there are many videos of them on YouTube.

I've seen a few other people with these kind of questions on exhaust websites, so please help me and others. Thanks
I would go with the awe as it is a full catback exhaust more likely to see minimal gains compared to dinan and m performance as its only axleback. Not sure about the remus exhaust no experience there
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 12:47 AM   #4
liuaar
Private
Rep
Drives: m340i

Quote:

Quote:

AWE Track. Hands down. A massive amount of burbles and a small 1-2 pops when you let of the gas. You will love this thing. The only bad thing is you can't turn it off. It's always going hard!

I'm personally installing my AA catted dp tmmr to my awe tracks so so excited.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 03:51 AM   #5
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by liuaar View Post
Quote:

Quote:

AWE Track. Hands down. A massive amount of burbles and a small 1-2 pops when you let of the gas. You will love this thing. The only bad thing is you can't turn it off. It's always going hard!

I'm personally installing my AA catted dp tmmr to my awe tracks so so excited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprBmwG20 View Post
Quote:

I would go with the awe as it is a full catback exhaust more likely to see minimal gains compared to dinan and m performance as its only axleback. Not sure about the remus exhaust no experience there
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WickedE90 View Post
Quote:

https://www.awe-tuning.com/bmw-g20-m340i-exhaust-suite

You can't go wrong with AWE Tuning, great company & excellent products. It looks like they have a UK office:

https://awe-tuning.co.uk/

I'm sure they could help you sort out whatever you're looking for, good luck!
A lot of great replies, thanks a lot guys.

Everyone is saying AWE exhaust but unfortunately it's not available in the U.K. which is really annoying. I called the U.K. website and it just takes you to an official seller of AWE in the U.K. but they don't sell exhausts for the G20 due to exhaust regulations on cars built after 2020.

With very little options left I think my best bet would be to go with the Remus cat back racing system
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 10:04 AM   #6
TupperBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Gran Coupe

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 10:17 AM   #7
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TupperBMW View Post
Quote:
?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #8
TupperBMW
Captain
Rep

^ Sorry, I decided to start a new thread
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 01:05 PM   #9
G-Mann
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

I thought the Remus requires cutting? No interest in the FI exhaust? Price point looks to be similar.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 01:08 PM   #10
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
I thought the Remus requires cutting? No interest in the FI exhaust? Price point looks to be similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
Remus axle back requires cutting, but there racing cat back system does not require cutting.

I've been talking to someone from Fi Exhausts since 31st August this year and doesn't seem like they're interested enough to have a serious conversation, which is annoying because I am interested in their exhaust.
Appreciate 1
G-Mann413.00
      11-22-2021, 01:43 PM   #11
G-Mann
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Not sure you have seen this thread regarding 10% off FI products.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1877046
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 09:25 PM   #12
liuaar
Private
Rep

Quote:

omg bro. whatever you get. do NOT get the M performance exhaust if you like a loud, full sounding exhaust. I finally got to check out my friends m340i with the M performance exhaust. you couldn't even hear his exhaust next to mine and don't get me started on the revs.

M performance literally sounds like a baby.

SHOUTOUT AWE. I LOVE YOU GUYS. BEST EXHAUST FOR THE M340i. PERIOD
Appreciate 1
TupperBMW1019.00
      11-23-2021, 01:16 AM   #13
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Okay I hope everyone who had replied to this thread is reading or interested.

So as everyone can see AWE exhaust seems like the go to exhaust for this car but clearly is not available in the U.K.

So I am currently in talks with AWE to see whether this exhaust (track edition) would fit my car in the U.K. if it does, I will purchase it and get it delivered from the states and get it fitted.

Let me know what you think.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 10:25 AM   #14
TupperBMW
Captain
Rep

I want a louder and more sporty exhaust, but as a professional and family man with neighbors I don’t want something too aggressive, so that’s my concern with AWE’s exhaust. Plus I already have a dedicated sports car:

Having said that, there is one place that has AWE’s track exhaust in stock! Not having to wait 3 months is very appealing. But alas, probably gonna be way too loud
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 10:42 AM   #15
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
I want a louder and more sporty exhaust, but as a professional and family man with neighbors I don't want something too aggressive, so that's my concern with AWE's exhaust. Plus I already have a dedicated sports car:

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/4d90yK4S/BAC701...26-DDE7-E3.jpg[/img]

Having said that, there is one place that has AWE's track exhaust in stock! Not having to wait 3 months is very appealing. But alas, probably gonna be way too loud
Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah for me I want something loud, it's just something I've always wanted on my car. I've only owned one car previously and it wasn't a sports car lol.

What company has it in stock? Do you know?

My main concern now is fitting
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:14 AM   #16
liuaar
Private
Rep

Quote:
I want a louder and more sporty exhaust, but as a professional and family man with neighbors I don’t want something too aggressive, so that’s my concern with AWE’s exhaust. Plus I already have a dedicated sports car:

Having said that, there is one place that has AWE’s track exhaust in stock! Not having to wait 3 months is very appealing. But alas, probably gonna be way too loud
Grab it asap!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #17
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by liuaar View Post
Quote:
I want a louder and more sporty exhaust, but as a professional and family man with neighbors I don't want something too aggressive, so that's my concern with AWE's exhaust. Plus I already have a dedicated sports car:

Having said that, there is one place that has AWE's track exhaust in stock! Not having to wait 3 months is very appealing. But alas, probably gonna be way too loud
Grab it asap!
Quote:

I'm sorry, i didn't get it, what place has it in stock?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 01:06 PM   #18
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Update for you all,

The Remus cat back exhaust and all parts arrived yesterday. This includes the racing back box, opf delete pipe and connection tube.

Today the Leib engineering opf delete cable arrived today.

If all goes to plan, the exhaust should be fitted tomorrow and I'll be able to upload some clips for everyone.
Appreciate 5
      12-15-2021, 04:12 PM   #19
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Update;

After a long winded day of installing the exhaust and struggling to find the opf sensor (fyi it is in the engine bay). We have finally fitted the exhaust and wow must I say, it sounds amazing.

Unfortunately videos do not do it justice.

I haven't installed new tips on the car yet, I am waiting for the diffuser then will install them, need to see what size will fit.

Video will be coming shortly for everyone to see.

The sound is so much deeper and it crackles/pops a lot more naturally without any tune. It's nice deep tone and does the car right. I couldn't be any happier with the sound, I will give it a couple days to break in and will update from there.
Appreciate 2
jpowers36225.50
TupperBMW1019.00
      12-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #20
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Update;

After a long winded day of installing the exhaust and struggling to find the opf sensor (fyi it is in the engine bay). We have finally fitted the exhaust and wow must I say, it sounds amazing.
Congrats, glad you are happy with it

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 06:19 PM   #21
gdaddy28
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Exhaust! Help!

Quote:
Update;

Unfortunately videos do not do it justice.

I haven't installed new tips on the car yet, I am waiting for the diffuser then will install them, need to see what size will fit.

Video will be coming shortly for everyone to see.

The sound is so much deeper and it crackles/pops a lot more naturally without any tune. It's nice deep tone and does the car right. I couldn't be any happier with the sound, I will give it a couple days to break in and will update from there.
Can't wait to hear it. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 01:11 PM   #22
Paul Moran
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
A lot of great replies, thanks a lot guys.

Everyone is saying AWE exhaust but unfortunately it's not available in the U.K. which is really annoying. I called the U.K. website and it just takes you to an official seller of AWE in the U.K. but they don't sell exhausts for the G20 due to exhaust regulations on cars built after 2020.

With very little options left I think my best bet would be to go with the Remus cat back racing system
Why not just disconnect the exhaust valve for no cost. It will sound like you’re in sports mode all the time. Just a thought
Appreciate 0