Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

09-24-2018, 05:54 PM   #551
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I bought the first wife a Jeep Wrangler. For her birthday, I took it over to the radio shop to get some boom in the back seat, and an upgraded unit in front.

As I was folding one seat forward to show the guy where I wanted the speaker boxes, I find a condom wrapper.

*I* had never used a condom with her.

That was the beginning of the end. But the silver lining (I guess) was that the paternity test ruled me out. . .
Appreciate 6
      09-24-2018, 07:50 PM   #552
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
No one is too busy to take 2 seconds to send a text, man. Even Mark Cuban has time for that.
It's not a matter of having 2 seconds or not, it's a matter of focus and continuity. It is difficult concentrate on tasks when you have to keep looking at your phone every hour to send some cheesy message.

I understand why people do it but it's not for me. I suppose I'm just old school and prefer speaking over the phone and in person.
This is interesting to me. I'm trying to understand this perspective. So you can really like someone but have no urge to text or have a quick chat until you can give your undivided attention? You don't really think about her all day?
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9803.50
      09-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #553
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
It's not a matter of having 2 seconds or not, it's a matter of focus and continuity. It is difficult concentrate on tasks when you have to keep looking at your phone every hour to send some cheesy message.

I understand why people do it but it's not for me. I suppose I'm just old school and prefer speaking over the phone and in person.
Well, if you wanna call them instead of text, that's fine. Call or text, same thought. The point is, no effort = no positive result.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9803.50
      09-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #554
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I bought the first wife a Jeep Wrangler. For her birthday, I took it over to the radio shop to get some boom in the back seat, and an upgraded unit in front.

As I was folding one seat forward to show the guy where I wanted the speaker boxes, I find a condom wrapper.

That was the beginning of the end. But the silver lining (I guess) was that the paternity test ruled me out. . .
Maybe left over from previous owner
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 03:59 AM   #555
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Quote:

Maybe it was new car ?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 07:04 AM   #556
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The paternity test left him out so yea no...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #557
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:

What a bitch. Yes, the silver lining is getting as far from that as possible.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #558
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

DAYUM!!! That's rough man.

Quote:
That was my first thought too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Maybe it was new car ?
Counter point. UncleWede new car?

Quote:
The paternity test left him out so yea no...
and there you have it....
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 08:10 AM   #559
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

for real, you cant multitask? can you type and talk on the phone at same time?
life is about juggling things around and making time to do things in simple format.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #560
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post

Nope, UncleWede as much as I tease him, had a pretty sad story with the first wife, and I respect him a great deal for how he handled the whole thing. If he wants to share, he can, but otherwise, I'll leave it in the past since it isn't really part of this thread, unless the title is bad marriage experiences as well.
Appreciate 1
bimmette6432.50
      09-25-2018, 08:25 AM   #561
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:

Nope, UncleWede as much as I tease him, had a pretty sad story with the first wife, and I respect him a great deal for how he handled the whole thing. If he wants to share, he can, but otherwise, I'll leave it in the past since it isn't really part of this thread, unless the title is bad marriage experiences as well.
Yup, UncleWede is a classy guy. Much respect
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13065.50
wrickem2139.00
      09-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #562
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
With all due respect, the only reason I said anything was because he made a post. You make it sound as if I'm prying into his personal life and you have stepped in on his behalf to answer for him, but then are leaving it up to him to decide if he wants to discuss it or not.....after he posted about it? I'm confused as to your reasoning in this comment at all.

"If he wants to share he can".....obvioulsy, looks like he already shared. The only query I had was whether or not he bought the car new; not the entire details of his relationship.

"I'll leave it in the past"....unless you are in a relationship with him now or have his power of attorney and speak on his behalf I don't understand why you are speaking for him now.

He made it part of this thread when he posted what he did. All of us have posted some funny, strange and hurtful things that have happened to us. In a way we have all opened up a little in this thread, which is exactly what Wede did. Regardless of thread title he opened up and posted. None of us are judging him for it in fact quite the opposite.

Again, no disrespect but I'm trying to understand your logic in your post.
Appreciate 2
      09-25-2018, 08:53 AM   #563
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I got bored yesterday & decided to troll a chick I was seeing for a bit not too long ago. I had the whole conversation by sending only memes until I had to break character at the end. I thought it was hilarious. I gotta post screenshots.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #564
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
This thread is a judgment free zone!!!!!!!!!
Very much so. This has been one of the more supporting threads I've seen on here. We've all learned a little about each other on here. I've got to know a few of you pretty well from private messaging, text, etc.
Appreciate 2
      09-25-2018, 08:58 AM   #565
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Very much so. This has been one of the more supporting threads I've seen on here. We've all learned a little about each other on here. I've got to know a few of you pretty well from private messaging, text, etc.
& you didn't even buy me dinner 1st!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      09-25-2018, 09:00 AM   #566
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
& you didn't even buy me dinner 1st!
.....or serve you up some Cosby-colada.
Appreciate 2
      09-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #567
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
With all due respect, the only reason I said anything was because he made a post. You make it sound as if I'm prying into his personal life and you have stepped in on his behalf to answer for him, but then are leaving it up to him to decide if he wants to discuss it or not.....after he posted about it? I'm confused as to your reasoning in this comment at all.

"If he wants to share he can".....obvioulsy, looks like he already shared. The only query I had was whether or not he bought the car new; not the entire details of his relationship.

"I'll leave it in the past"....unless you are in a relationship with him now or have his power of attorney and speak on his behalf I don't understand why you are speaking for him now.

He made it part of this thread when he posted what he did. All of us have posted some funny, strange and hurtful things that have happened to us. In a way we have all opened up a little in this thread, which is exactly what Wede did. Regardless of thread title he opened up and posted. None of us are judging him for it in fact quite the opposite.

Again, no disrespect but I'm trying to understand your logic in your post.
No, I didn't think you were prying, nor did I mean to convey that. Your post seemingly had questions (at least that's how I read it) whether it could be a previous owner or if it was a new car, etc.

I had thought I was clarifying that it was not a previous owner to address the question. Thing is, there is more to the story that he has shared previously, a while ago (not in this thread), and I was just stating that I have a lot of respect for how he handled things having been privy to some additional background that isn't in here. It is that part of the story that I am referring to, but it is his story to tell if he wants - it shouldn't come from me - which is why I was saying I would leave it in the past.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #568
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
No, I didn't think you were prying, nor did I mean to convey that. Your post seemingly had questions (at least that's how I read it) whether it could be a previous owner or if it was a new car, etc.

I had thought I was clarifying that it was not a previous owner to address the question. Thing is, there is more to the story that he has shared previously, a while ago (not in this thread), and I was just stating that I have a lot of respect for how he handled things having been privy to some additional background that isn't in here. It is that part of the story that I am referring to, but it is his story to tell if he wants - it shouldn't come from me - which is why I was saying I would leave it in the past.
Gotcha.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #569
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Thanks Joekerr for trying to protect. As you mentioned, this dirty laundry is in the wind already.

It was a new car. She had gone out with her cousins the weekend before. Try as I might to explain it away, thinking maybe one of the cousins used the car, I waited until after the family dinner:
"So, I found this under the seat today."
"Oh"
"No explanation?"
none given.

For Judy: Even if I happen into the bank she works at, I still give her a hug. If I see her husband, I'll still shake his hand. Heck, at one point I even hired him to work on my team (so I could keep an eye on him, and make sure he was taking care of her)

We all make mistakes. OBVIOUSLY I can't forget, but I can forgive and move forward.
Appreciate 8
      09-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #570
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

So... she hooked up with her cousin are you in deep south
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #571
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So... she hooked up with her cousin are you in deep south
How much you willing to pay for video? Female cousins.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #572
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Joekerr for trying to protect. As you mentioned, this dirty laundry is in the wind already.

It was a new car. She had gone out with her cousins the weekend before. Try as I might to explain it away, thinking maybe one of the cousins used the car, I waited until after the family dinner:
"So, I found this under the seat today."
"Oh"
"No explanation?"
none given.

For Judy: Even if I happen into the bank she works at, I still give her a hug. If I see her husband, I'll still shake his hand. Heck, at one point I even hired him to work on my team (so I could keep an eye on him, and make sure he was taking care of her)

We all make mistakes. OBVIOUSLY I can't forget, but I can forgive and move forward.
UncleWede brother...no explanation was necessary but I applaud your transparency. I'm the same way. I'm very open about mistakes that I have made and things that have happened due to no fault of my own....well aside from poor decision making.

You're a good man Wede. Not enough men like you in the world.
Appreciate 0