Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications M340i MPE (M Performance Exhaust) installed + sound clips

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
173
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

M340i MPE (M Performance Exhaust) installed + sound clips

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Just ordered it myself. I'll have it on by Saturday. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

Updated with videos:








Additional ones by @MineralM

__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport
Appreciate 6
RadaS85.00
clee1982646.00
Klambo19.50
SPJR30.50

      09-24-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
113
Rep
411
Posts

Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Staten Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason340Msport View Post
Just ordered it myself. I'll have it on by Saturday. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like
I beg you please record some sound clips and video.. My car won't be delivered til November and it'll kill me not knowing how it'll sound.

Also FYI to everyone else the M Performance Exhaust was a $2k port add-on.
__________________

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi, 2013 Volkswagen CC Executive 4Motion

Last edited by NYC_340i; 09-24-2019 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #3
Liquid_Ice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
140
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason340Msport View Post
Just ordered it myself. I'll have it on by Saturday. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like
Can you share what the part number is for the exhaust? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 05:22 PM   #4
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
173
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
I beg you please record some sound clips and video.. My car won't be delivered til November and it'll kill me not knowing how it'll sound.

Also FYI to everyone else the M Performance Exhaust was a $2k port add-on.
There will be plenty of sound clips and videos! Hopefully it sounds something close to the Dinan exhaust they are coming out with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Ice View Post
Can you share what the part number is for the exhaust? Thanks!
18302464492
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport

Last edited by Jason340Msport; 09-24-2019 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
Poochie3909.00

      09-24-2019, 05:43 PM   #5
E36 PWR
Private
112
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: F30 340i MPPSK
Join Date: May 2010
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason340Msport View Post
Just ordered it myself. I'll have it on by Saturday. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like
Sounds clips!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 07:44 PM   #6
Cabby
Lieutenant
United_States
131
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: 2019 X740i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: JAX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Do we even know what it looks like?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #7
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
173
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
Do we even know what it looks like?
Just came in today. Install is tomorrow.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport
Appreciate 4
      09-27-2019, 02:38 PM   #8
Cabby
Lieutenant
United_States
131
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: 2019 X740i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: JAX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason340Msport View Post
Just came in today. Install is tomorrow.
Wow, nice!!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 06:57 PM   #9
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
113
Rep
411
Posts

Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Staten Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason340Msport View Post
Just came in today. Install is tomorrow.
Awesome! Looking forward to sound clips and your opinions on before and after.

As expected it looks like there is no change to the exhaust tips with the performance exhaust correct?
__________________

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi, 2013 Volkswagen CC Executive 4Motion
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #10
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
173
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
Awesome! Looking forward to sound clips and your opinions on before and after.

As expected it looks like there is no change to the exhaust tips with the performance exhaust correct?
Correct. It looks to be the same. I'll get a picture of them side by side.
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport
Appreciate 2
DL335D60.50

      09-30-2019, 12:30 AM   #11
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
173
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

M340i MPE installed

Well I just had the MPE installed on Saturday and what an improvement! This exhaust now gives the M340 true character and sound that I think it lacked to an extent. Itís a lot throatier and deep sounding with lots of cracks and burbles especially in sport mode. I had a 340 with MPE and that sounded great but this blows it out of the water. In my opinion it sounds a lot better than the M3/4.

Iíve had the M340 for just over 2 months now and have to say I was disappointed with the sound to this point after coming from my previous 340 with MPE. Being this was an M Performance vehicle I was maybe expecting too much but now it makes sense why it doesnít sound like it should have the start. Now I cant stop downshifting and running through the gears to hear this exhaust roar.

If you have an M340 on order and currently own one, the MPE is a must add to it!

Getting the before/after videos together and will update this post.
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport
Appreciate 3
      09-30-2019, 01:15 AM   #12
cpbandit13
Enlisted Member
Germany
30
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M340i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason340Msport View Post
Well I just had the MPE installed on Saturday and what an improvement! This exhaust now gives the M340 true character and sound that I think it lacked to an extent. Itís a lot throatier and deep sounding with lots of cracks and burbles especially in sport mode. I had a 340 with MPE and that sounded great but this blows it out of the water. In my opinion it sounds a lot better than the M3/4.

Iíve had the M340 for just over 2 months now and have to say I was disappointed with the sound to this point after coming from my previous 340 with MPE. Being this was an M Performance vehicle I was maybe expecting too much but now it makes sense why it doesnít sound like it should have the start. Now I cant stop downshifting and running through the gears to hear this exhaust roar.

If you have an M340 on order and currently own one, the MPE is a must add to it!

Getting the before/after videos together and will update this post.


Its great that it sounds better in Sport Plus, But is it still loud in comfort? In addition to that have you noticed any type of performance increase?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 05:46 AM   #13
Weiner0123
First Lieutenant
Weiner0123's Avatar
Canada
324
Rep
354
Posts

Drives: 2020 m340i. 2013 328i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Is this a BMW part?? When did they make the MPE for the G20?? Any info on the part
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 07:38 AM   #14
vicfalc09
Second Lieutenant
vicfalc09's Avatar
169
Rep
258
Posts

Drives: M340i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiner0123 View Post
Is this a BMW part?? When did they make the MPE for the G20?? Any info on the part
BMW M PERFORMANCE MUFFLER SYSTEM - M340i - BMW (18-30-2-464-492)

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/oem-par...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D
Appreciate 3
GOLFFRR6543.00
clee1982646.00

      09-30-2019, 08:11 AM   #15
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6543
Rep
23,720
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicfalc09 View Post
BMW M PERFORMANCE MUFFLER SYSTEM - M340i - BMW (18-30-2-464-492)

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/oem-par...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D
PARTS@STBMW
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 2
      09-30-2019, 09:45 AM   #16
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
173
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbandit13 View Post
Its great that it sounds better in Sport Plus, But is it still loud in comfort? In addition to that have you noticed any type of performance increase?
Yes it is still loud in comfort. Haven't noticed any increase performance but it would only be slight if anything.
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport
Appreciate 1
clee1982646.00

      09-30-2019, 09:49 AM   #17
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
173
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

Will try to upload the videos later today. Currently getting invalid file while trying to upload from my phone
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 10:46 AM   #18
themur
Private
United_States
36
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
How would this work with a leased vehicle. Pardon my lack of knowledge, haven't leased a BMW since 2011. Already took delivery of the M340i so if I buy the MPE out of pocket and have it installed at an authorized BMW dealer would this cause any issue with warranty despite it being an OEM exhaust and what is the policy of turning it in at lease end with mod installed?
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #19
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
113
Rep
411
Posts

Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Staten Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themur View Post
How would this work with a leased vehicle. Pardon my lack of knowledge, haven't leased a BMW since 2011. Already took delivery of the M340i so if I buy the MPE out of pocket and have it installed at an authorized BMW dealer would this cause any issue with warranty despite it being an OEM exhaust and what is the policy of turning it in at lease end with mod installed?
I doubt there will be any warranty issues as this is an OEM BMW accessory part being installed at a dealer.

I'm leasing my car however I included the exhaust as part of my order. For you however I believe you need to have the original exhaust put back on. My pre-turn in instructions for my current 340i state that any accessory (whether OEM BMW parts installed at a certified installer or aftermarket marks by someone else) needs to be removed. The opposite applies in my case where the exhaust is built into the order and residualized into the lease.

I think your better off putting the standard exhaust back on and sell the performance exhaust for some money.
__________________

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi, 2013 Volkswagen CC Executive 4Motion
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 12:10 PM   #20
themur
Private
United_States
36
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
I doubt there will be any warranty issues as this is an OEM BMW accessory part being installed at a dealer.

I'm leasing my car however I included the exhaust as part of my order. For you however I believe you need to have the original exhaust put back on. My pre-turn in instructions for my current 340i state that any accessory (whether OEM BMW parts installed at a certified installer or aftermarket marks by someone else) needs to be removed. The opposite applies in my case where the exhaust is built into the order and residualized into the lease.

I think your better off putting the standard exhaust back on and sell the performance exhaust for some money.
Thanks for the info! Financially, holding on to the MPE and swapping at lease end makes the most sense as I can try and recoup some of the money spent but any storage space I had is being taken up by my RFTs that I kept for lease end. If there is a drastic difference between the MPE and my stock exhaust I may turn my stock exhaust into my dining room center piece for the duration of my lease.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 06:45 PM   #21
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
173
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themur View Post
How would this work with a leased vehicle. Pardon my lack of knowledge, haven't leased a BMW since 2011. Already took delivery of the M340i so if I buy the MPE out of pocket and have it installed at an authorized BMW dealer would this cause any issue with warranty despite it being an OEM exhaust and what is the policy of turning it in at lease end with mod installed?
There will be no issue. My M340 is leased and I had had a 340 previously that I put the MPE on as well since it wasn't available when I leased it.
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 07:46 PM   #22
themur
Private
United_States
36
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason340Msport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by themur View Post
How would this work with a leased vehicle. Pardon my lack of knowledge, haven't leased a BMW since 2011. Already took delivery of the M340i so if I buy the MPE out of pocket and have it installed at an authorized BMW dealer would this cause any issue with warranty despite it being an OEM exhaust and what is the policy of turning it in at lease end with mod installed?
There will be no issue. My M340 is leased and I had had a 340 previously that I put the MPE on as well since it wasn't available when I leased it.
Happy to hear that. I'm in the same boat you were in, got the M340i but wasn't a port option at the time so looking to have it installed by a dealer hopefully soon but was terribly worried about lease return since I don't have the space or storage to keep the old exhaust for a lease end swap, I'll have to turn it in with the MPE if I don't keep the car at the end.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST