Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e finally ordered

11-01-2019, 09:54 AM   #353
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Just got mine delivered today. Been for a drive...my god it's quick! Smooth as anything and the non-adaptive suspension is fine!
Appreciate 1
tricky6239.50
      11-01-2019, 11:59 AM   #354
-Nick
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwon View Post
Just got mine delivered today. Been for a drive...my god it's quick! Smooth as anything and the non-adaptive suspension is fine!
Got mine this morning as well! Love everything about it so far. Full charge only says 22 miles but will test through the week and see what I get!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 02:36 PM   #355
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
I would love to see the in-gear acceleration (eg. 30-70 etc.) against a 330i!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 04:01 PM   #356
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
I reckon it's faster as you have instant torque to pull it along while the turbo spools up
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 04:54 PM   #357
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
I reckon it's faster as you have instant torque to pull it along while the turbo spools up
I ran a 2003 M3 many many moons ago (well
in 2003 to be precise) and the initial shove/"OMG I'm now going really quite fast" feels quite similar, albeit more linear in the 330e. As you say it is proper quick. And still does 180 MPG on my 90 mile office commute. Quite something...

6 weeks and 2500 miles in and I'm still loving it. Been a while since I had a car that I liked to drive for the hell of it... :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 05:20 PM   #358
JohnBarny
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d + G21 330i

I ran the 330i I had as a tester against a colleagues 330e the 330e had the initial edge about half a car length but at 45ish the 330i caught up and by 70 the 330i was about a car length ahead.

The initial shove from the 330e is very impressive though
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 02:30 AM   #359
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

I took delivery of mine a week ago, coming from the Lexus non plug in hybrid IS300h which I thought was really comfy and smooth but not too great on the mpg’s (getting between 43-46, on a good day)

Loving the 330e, the ride (adaptive suspension as I opted for the M Sport Plus package), the speed, the effortless way it makes the cars in the rear view mirror look smaller, very quickly.

I now averaging 65-72 mpg’s on my rare (once, twice per month trip in to the head office some 54 miles away from home) and while at the moment I can’t recharge at the office, I’m still left with around 2-3 miles of battery (driving with navigation in Eco Pro mode) My return home journey, the car still manages to deliver 21 miles of battery range and 52 mpg. ��

It’s witchcraft I tell you!

I hope you guys are enjoying or will enjoy the car as much as I am.

Drive safe and keep tasting the gravy

Andy

Last edited by Burnzie’s BM; 11-02-2019 at 03:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 03:47 AM   #360
Glynogen
Rep
Drives: Current Kia Optima 3

Ordered my 330e through NHS fleet Solutions, who tell me that the lease company it’s with is VW leasing?. I have asked for my VIN number so I can check the build progress. However they say it cannot be given out. Does anyone have any tricks for finding it? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 04:13 AM   #361
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynogen View Post
Ordered my 330e through NHS fleet Solutions, who tell me that the lease company it’s with is VW leasing?. I have asked for my VIN number so I can check the build progress. However they say it cannot be given out. Does anyone have any tricks for finding it? Thanks
Well I got my order number ( you need this not the VIN) as it was required as proof of purchase to enable the £500 grant to be applied to my Pod Point installation which was carried out before the car was delivered.Can’t see why they wouldn’t give you the order number. My lease is through Alphabet.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 04:27 AM   #362
Glynogen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
Well I got my order number ( you need this not the VIN) as it was required as proof of purchase to enable the £500 grant to be applied to my Pod Point installation which was carried out before the car was delivered.Can’t see why they wouldn’t give you the order number. My lease is through Alphabet.
Thank you for replying

I will see if they will give me that, where do I put it to get the other information?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 04:53 AM   #363
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for replying

I will see if they will give me that, where do I put it to get the other information?

Thanks
Once you get your order number go on to the BMW UK site and go to 3 series configurator. A pop up chat link will appear after awhile( doesn’t seem to appear on Apple phone or iPad) just enter your name and ask for an update/build progress for order number...... you’ll get an instant response.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 05:55 AM   #364
Newbmwowner89
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A3

Been told mine is at sea and dealer expecting them to have it in a few days. Arval won’t give me the reference but dealer has been helpful. How long does it take to turn around delivery once the dealer has it?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 06:29 AM   #365
seacow
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e - incoming, 1989 E30 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmwowner89 View Post
Been told mine is at sea and dealer expecting them to have it in a few days. Arval won’t give me the reference but dealer has been helpful. How long does it take to turn around delivery once the dealer has it?
I think it’s a week to 10 days. That’s what I was quoted by Lex and it was a week
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #366
Newbmwowner89
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacow View Post
I think it’s a week to 10 days. That’s what I was quoted by Lex and it was a week
thanks - anticipation is to much. Arval have delivery showing in Dec but hoping it comes in Nov. Not sure if this means BMW are processing builds quicker or if Arvals system is out
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 08:54 AM   #367
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmwowner89 View Post
thanks - anticipation is to much. Arval have delivery showing in Dec but hoping it comes in Nov. Not sure if this means BMW are processing builds quicker or if Arvals system is out
I'd ignore Arval's system. Only the BMW one is worth using. If it was at sea and its arriving at either Immingham or Southampton then the dealer will have it within 3 days of arrival almost every time.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #368
JohnBarny
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d + G21 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody320 View Post
I'd ignore Arval's system. Only the BMW one is worth using. If it was at sea and its arriving at either Immingham or Southampton then the dealer will have it within 3 days of arrival almost every time.
Unless it’s PDI’d at Southampton which a lot of dealers are now doing in which case it will take a week or so to arrive at dealers
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 07:22 AM   #369
Glynogen
Rep

Quote:
Once you get your order number go on to the BMW UK site and go to 3 series configurator. A pop up chat link will appear after awhile( doesn’t seem to appear on Apple phone or iPad) just enter your name and ask for an update/build progress for order number...... you’ll get an instant response.
sadly they won't give me my order number for some reason. so its a case of just waiting for updates from them.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #370
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
sadly they won't give me my order number for some reason. so its a case of just waiting for updates from them.
Can’t you do as I did and tell them the home charge installation company requires it as proof of ownership/lease in order to apply the government grant prior to you receiving the car?

I went with Pod Point and at the time there was a two to three week wait for installation. It must be common for lease companies to be asked for the Order Number. Don’t understand their reluctance to issue it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #371
Glynogen
Rep

Quote:
Can’t you do as I did and tell them the home charge installation company requires it as proof of ownership/lease in order to apply the government grant prior to you receiving the car?

I went with Pod Point and at the time there was a two to three week wait for installation. It must be common for lease companies to be asked for the Order Number. Don’t understand their reluctance to issue it.
I tried that, they said I Ned to forward annex a & b from the company who is installing and they will do the rest. I don’t know hi they won’t share it, makes no difference to them at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:12 PM   #372
Chris Peacock
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peacock View Post
Finally placed my order to replace my 2016 320d M-Sport, this will be my 3rd 3 series and having looked at the competition nothing in budget could tempt me. Topped off by the tax benefits as a company car driver I just couldn't see past the 330e model.

Anyhow the but you'll be more interested in I'm sure is the spec;

330e M-Sport Plus Edition
Tanzanite Blue
Black Merino Leather
Visibility Package
Premium Package
Technology Package

Didn't add the Comfort package as I'm not keen on the keyless entry, maybe worrying over nothing.

Just awaiting order confirmation back from ALD and an idea on timings but not expecting it anytime before Feb earliest next year.

Now the wait begins......
So I had to tweak my spec as I came in over budget on monthly lease allowance so changed to as follows;

330e M-Sport
Mineral Grey
Black Leather with Blue stitching (not sure why it was £500 extra for blue stitching)
M-Sport Plus Pack
Visibility Pack
Premium Pack
Technology Pack

Interestingly this car then came in £60pm cheaper on the lease effectively for a different colour and no Merino leather.

ALD have given me a delivery date of 20th April with order placed last week, so orders pushed out to 5 months if this is accurate.

Expected this TBH as there really aren't many credible alternatives to the 330e, and I am amazed that Audi haven't got an A4 equivalent for sale yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #373
Warrior54
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e G20

Just had an update. My 330e is currently at sea and I has been since yesterday. Hopefully not too long left to wait!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 04:23 AM   #374
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport

So finally received an update from Arval on the delivery of my new car. Love how they spelled preparation!
Hopefully not long, but other colleagues have experienced delays over and above the estimated delivery dates.

Not sure how it takes 2+ weeks to prepare a car - but i take it from this that it's in the country, so that's a good news story!

Looks like i might be getting myself a nice Christmas present!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0