Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sling56 View Post
What is coasting?
Sling56 ,

From p290 of owner's manual: "Coasting. Efficiency can be optimized by disengaging the engine and coasting with the engine idling.

Under certain conditions the engine is automatically decoupled from the transmission in the D selector lever position. The vehicle continues traveling with the engine idling to reduce consumption. Selector lever position D remains engaged. This driving condition is referred to as coasting. As soon as you step on the brake or accelerator pedal, the engine is automatically coupled again."

Coasting is when the engine is disengaged and saves fuel. Think of it as either pushing in the clutch on a manual transmission or on a bike just holding your feet on the pedals while you have the pedals disengaged from drive wheel.

BTW, my car has that already in the menu

Hope that helps

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 1
phillyd2216.00
      12-10-2019, 08:09 PM   #46
blazesquall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i, G30 m550i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytexter View Post
Honestly, I don't care where the money goes. Most people just want to pay and get the code
Hmmm.. I'm at two weeks, also donated directly to a local children's hospital.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 10:25 PM   #47
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by haruny View Post
Well.. this is interesting. I made a direct donation to a children hospital a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear from tokenmaster. People who made Paypal donations to him get his attention immediately.
Curious...
I donated to a local children's hospital and got my code in 2 days too.
Appreciate 1
haruny96.50
      12-10-2019, 11:26 PM   #48
haruny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjof2003 View Post
Quote:
Well.. this is interesting. I made a direct donation to a children hospital a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear from tokenmaster. People who made Paypal donations to him get his attention immediately.
Curious...
I donated to a local children's hospital and got my code in 2 days too.
Turns out it's all my fault. Donated but didn't use the "direct email" feature. At any rate I just got a response from him. I guess I need to donate again. It's all good it's going to a charity at the end.
      12-11-2019, 12:25 AM   #49
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340ix

I changed these 2 codes but can't get auto heated wheel to work. It shows in the menu but I cannot select it. Checking the box doesn't actually check it and the temperature setting only has 0 degree celsius there
      12-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #50
Sling56
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
When driving at a certain speed the gearbox is in neutral.
I have noticed that the car seems to engine brake far more than any other car I've had. Really noticeable at low speeds like in a parking garage. Coding this would help eliminate some of this behavior?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 09:10 AM   #51
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i

Quote:
[*]Auto activate heated steering wheel when cold

Code:

[B]
auto steering wheel heat          HU_MGU       AKT_Auto_Lenkrad                                          aktiv
                                  BDC_BODY     LHZ_CCM_IKF                                                  aktiv
Can you confirm that the auto steering wheel heat works? I coded the two values above and I can see the option now under the A/C menu but I can't select the checkbox and I can't select a temperature.

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #52
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
Quote:
[*]Auto activate heated steering wheel when cold

Code:

[B]
auto steering wheel heat          HU_MGU       AKT_Auto_Lenkrad                                          aktiv
Can you confirm that the auto steering wheel heat works? I coded the two values above and I can see the option now under the A/C menu but I can't select the checkbox and I can't select a temperature.
Me either!
      12-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #53
blazesquall
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Turns out it's all my fault. Donated but didn't use the "direct email" feature. At any rate I just got a response from him. I guess I need to donate again. It's all good it's going to a charity at the end.
Direct mail what? Via the forum function? Why would you need to donate again? You can't just attach your receipt?
Appreciate 1
RSnic657.50
      12-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #54
haruny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazesquall View Post
Quote:
Direct mail what? Via the forum function? Why would you need to donate again? You can't just attach your receipt?
Received an auto response after my 3rd email. He doesn't want you to forward receipts. He wants the place you donate email him directly.
      12-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #55
blazesquall
Enlisted Member
Rep

So the instructions are wrong.. It clearly says to email a receipt, which I did, PDF.. I didn't even bother to redact PII since I didn't want to deal with rejection.. That's fine, I'll donate again.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #56
siegester
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, it has been turning on every day for me this week.

Try setting IKF_ENABLE to "ikf_alle_sitze" in BDC_BODY. I left that out as it references seats, but it is a setting I was messing with and have not yet reverted.

Quote:
So the instructions are wrong.. It clearly says to email a receipt, which I did, PDF.. I didn't even bother to redact PII since I didn't want to deal with rejection.. That's fine, I'll donate again.

The instructions he sent me stated explicitly to NOT do this. From where did you get your instructions?

Last edited by siegester; 12-11-2019 at 07:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 08:03 PM   #57
blazesquall
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The instructions he sent me stated explicitly to NOT do this. From where did you get your instructions?
At the top of this page, there's a link to another topic whose getting started guide (PDF) contains quoted instructions:

Quote:
“If you want to use Launcher PRO, I accept a donation of US$50 or more as a primary form of payment for
2.5 years validity. You can donate to your local Children's Hospital or Breast Cancer institute and send me
the receipt (email confirmation, no edited/redacted screenshots, absolutely no manual/scanned receipts
please)..."

"NOTE 1: Receipt must be the original email confirmation sent as attachment and print out of transaction. I
do not accept screenshots of UNICEF KR/CN due to high incidence of fraud. "
EDIT: Sent a new email, got the form response this time. Followed new steps.

Last edited by blazesquall; 12-11-2019 at 08:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #58
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it has been turning on every day for me this week.

Try setting IKF_ENABLE to "ikf_alle_sitze" in BDC_BODY. I left that out as it references seats, but it is a setting I was messing with and have not yet reverted.
That worked for me. Able to check off the auto heated steering wheel box and set a temp. Also confirmed the wheel heating comes on automatically. Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 10:26 PM   #59
siegester
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
At the top of this page, there's a link to another topic whose getting started guide (PDF) contains quoted instructions:

EDIT: Sent a new email, got the form response this time. Followed new steps.
Ugh, sorry about that. I have updated the OP to warn others.

Quote:
That worked for me. Able to check off the auto heated steering wheel box and set a temp. Also confirmed the wheel heating comes on automatically. Thanks!
Sorry about that, table updated to reflect this additional value too.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 10:43 PM   #60
haruny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Arrow

Here's the latest email response I got from TokenMaster...
These instructions may change. Send a note to him and get your own.

Quote:
*** IMPORTANT!!! Do not just donate and tell me about it. SEE NOTES BELOW ***

If you are inquiring and want to use Launcher PRO, I accept a donation of US$50 or more as a primary form of payment for 2.5 years validity, which can be used on 2 PC using static activation, plus a 3rd one using Dynamic activation every 7 days. You can donate to St. Jude Children's Hospital (http://www.stjude.org) or Breast Cancer Research Foundation (https://give.bcrfcure.org/checkout/d...8223&amount=50). Use the eCard/personal message option address to me, and add your email address to the message and send me the receipt (email confirmation, no edited/redacted screenshots, absolutely no manual/scanned receipts please). If your local Children's Hospital or Breast Cancer institute have the same feature, you can use them, in lieue of SJRH and BCRF. They must be able to send me an email.

If you think it's an inconvenience, then you can also PayPal (discrete, absolutely NO notes or comments or donation/payment indicator, US$ currency if possible) it to me at *****@****.*** and I will add it to my donation to St. Jude Children's Hospital and Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 100% of the proceeds goes to these two foundations on 60/40 split.

If you choose to use PayPal, select "Payment for service" and do not add any notes or comments other than your email address, if different from your PayPal ID. Never add the words "Donation" or "Payment". PayPal will block the transaction if there is a note and you will have to deal with them yourself.

Make a difference and help make this world a little better place to live in.

NOTE 1: I do not accept screenshots of UNICEF KR/CN due to high incidence of fraud.
NOTE 2: If you donate to BCRF or St. Jude's or other organization, ensure you add a personal message addressed to me at ************@************, include your email address. This allows me to quickly validate your donation instantly and help speed up the process greatly. Failure to do so will result in significant delay or non-receipt of codes.
NOTE 3: If you are using Kaspersky, there will be issues with E-Sys as Kaspersky only allow a maximum memory of 768MB, which is not enough for E-Sys. You will have to use a different Anti Virus
NOTE 4: If there's anything that isn't clear, please clarify with me and do not take further action.

Lastly, I often go on a short business trip on a short notice. When I do, I can't attend to anything other than my business, and this causes significant delay.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 11:00 PM   #61
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

So the ///m start up animation.
Is it just the idrive screen or digital dash too? Mine only works for idrive. Dash is still bmw. Also i coded lane change assist. Doesn't seem to change lane for me.
      12-12-2019, 11:46 AM   #62
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is it just the idrive screen or digital dash too? Mine only works for idrive. Dash is still bmw. Also i coded lane change assist. Doesn't seem to change lane for me.
I was only able to get it working on the idrive screen but I'm pretty sure I've seen a video where it was on the instrument cluster too. I'm playing around to see if I can find it.

And the lane change feature works for me after coding those 3 values in OP's post. Do you have the option to enable it in the idrive settings? I enabled it there then I was able to change lanes automatically by having the assisted driving on and then holding the turn signal to the resistance point.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #63
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I was only able to get it working on the idrive screen but I'm pretty sure I've seen a video where it was on the instrument cluster too. I'm playing around to see if I can find it.

And the lane change feature works for me after coding those 3 values in OP's post. Do you have the option to enable it in the idrive settings? I enabled it there then I was able to change lanes automatically by having the assisted driving on and then holding the turn signal to the resistance point.
I think M animation only go on dash if change global layout to M aka M dash.
      12-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #64
Ynorecex
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i M Sport

Quote:
Getting Started
Start here - https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...php?p=10193333
NOTE: Do NOT follow the charity donation instructions in the PDF in the link above. Instead, email tokenmaster directly and request the donation instructions. You should receive an auto reply detailing the exact steps and requirements. Follow those and you should get launcher pro 3.x fairly quickly.

Once you have all the software installed per the link above, go here - https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983245

I had issues getting Launcher PRO to update the cheat codes, so I went to - https://github.com/packetpilot/bmw-f/tree/master/cheats - and downloaded the repository as a ZIP. I then extracted the contents of the cheats folder to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\TokenMaster\E-Sys Launcher PRO\FDLCodes

Then, in Launcher Pro I selected the Authors I wanted to load. The following are Authors are good to start with for g20 coding (s18a):
  • Almaretto
  • jokinawa

So far, I have successfully coded the following:
  • Remove legal disclaimers (all)
  • m startup animation
  • ASS memory
  • ASD off
  • air con memory
  • video in motion (works using jokinawa's cheats and instructions)
  • close trunk from fob
  • close trunk from door switch
  • full SMS display
  • Coasting
  • Flashing Brake Force Display (need to test)
  • Speed Correction
  • Auto activate heated steering wheel when cold
  • 5x Turn Indicator
  • Lane change assistance (I already had assisted driving view from the factory, thanks to Marcelo_BSB)
  • Comfort+ Mode (these settings are also also selectable in ECO PRO individual)

Items I am still researching
- Seat heater distribution
--- I was able to enable the seat heat distribution menu in Idrive, but it would not allow me to set values. It even acted as though only the driver's seat had seat back heating, with the other 3 seats only have seat bottom heat. I also enabled 2 settings in BDC_BODY to allow the distribution to be set for front and rear, but I also saw some settings stating there was only 1 controller per seat, so it may not be possible to get this working. Anyone know of any other settings to check?
- Enable blue lights in headlamps (laser lights)
- full LED headlight brightness (EU spec)
- full Laser light brightness (EU spec)
- full ///M gauges, HUD, idrive settings, etc. current implementations I have seen are not complete
- heated seats via remote start (i believe i need to disable the seatbelt check for this, but haven't found it yet)
- heated steering wheel via remote start

Code:

Feature                           ECU          Property                                       Value            
seat heat distribution rear       HU_MGU       HVAC_SEATHEAT_DISTR_FOND                        aktiv
seat heat distribution front      HU_MGU       HVAC_SEATHEAT_DISTR_FRONT                       aktiv

BDC_BODY     IKF_ENABLE                                                   ikf_alle_sitze

lane change assistance            BDC_BODY     SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT                     aktiv
                                  HU_MGU       SPURWECHSELASSISTENT               gen_1
                                  SAS2         C_SWA_VORHANDED              NR001_VORHANDEN
*Note: any feature not found in the table above is already available through the cheat code authors I mentioned.
Show...

Here ///M in Display and BMW in iDrive
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #65
Ynorecex
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i M Sport

I'd like to enable Easy Entry, that feature that the seat backs off when the car is turned off or unlocked to make driver entry easier
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2019, 07:05 PM   #66
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynorecex View Post
I'd like to enable Easy Entry, that feature that the seat backs off when the car is turned off or unlocked to make driver entry easier
I tried didn't work